Initially, it used to be very expensive to make calls abroad. The connection was a big challenge and if a call went through, it could disconnect anytime. This made people spend too much and sometimes fail to deliver the intended message in the long run. This triggered the introduction of numerous international calling app that could save users a lot of money compared to traditional carrier charges. Although these apps are free to use, you should keep in mind that data charges still apply.
They also offer chat facilities in which you can send messages, share photos, audio, and videos. For apps that prompt you to enter a number as you try to make a call, remember to enter a plus sign (+) followed by the country code of the number you want to contact. For example, a call to the US registered number should start with a calling code +1. Calls on these apps are free as long as both the caller and the person on the other end-use the same technology.
Before choosing an international calling app, go through the app reviews from a trusted source to have an insight into the app with the best services. Currently, international calling is cheaper and easier to make than ever since there is a plethora of free calling app available on the Apple Store and Play Store that you can download.
The apps require only a strong internet connection such as 4G or a strong Wi-Fi connection to connect with the person on the other end. Each app has its own specifications but they are mostly compatible with almost all electronic calling gadgets such as mobile phones and laptops. To make it easier, below we have provided a list of our best 15 apps that you can use.
List Of The 15 Best App For International Calling For Free
- Google Voice
- Google Duo
- Vonage Mobile
This is the best Voice over Internet Protocol tool that you use in making free calling app both national and international. You can use Skype to plan for various meetings and conferences. This tool has audio and video recording features that distinguish it from other free calling apps. This makes it one of the best distant working platforms.
- It allows more than 10 people in group calls.
- It can support many devices.
- Easy to use on smartphones, laptops, and desktops.
- Enables you to see people who are online on the platform.
- Facilitates screen sharing option during online meetings.
- It gives HD video and clear audio quality.
- It has call recording features.
- It is easy to sign-up on this app.
- User-friendly interface app.
- Facilitates document screen sharing options.
- Can hold a meeting using the app.
- The app has email configuration tools.
- Reliable under good strong internet connection.
Compatibility: It is compatible with Desktop (Windows) Android and iOS.
This is an international calling app that offers users high-quality audio and video calls. It supports international calls even with a 2g connection. This feature makes it unique. For security reasons, calls for up to six participants through the app are encoded. You can also send and receive messages from your friends anywhere and anytime.
- Facilitates instant recording and sending of voice messages.
- Enables the sharing of music, photos, videos, PDF, and other files.
- One can add up to six participants in a single call.
- It has a cloud storage facility.
- You can block any unknown contact
- You can see the last seen of your contacts
- It has a variety of emojis.
- Contact sending or sharing location is disabled.
- You cannot hide your last seen.
Compatibility: This app is compatible with iOS and Android.
A full-featured customer engagement software owned by Facebook. The app is used for both personal communication and business marketing. This app can be used to share instant text messages, multimedia files, photos, and documents for free. In 2016, the app added end-to-end encryption for security purposes. This applies to all calls and messages made using the app.
- Enables the sharing of images, documents, and videos.
- Has end-to-end encryption.
- It has regular updates.
- The app allows you to share contacts and locations.
- You can make calls to any of your WhatsApp contacts for free.
- Allows you to delete messages if send accidentally.
- It can be used from multiple platforms.
- The app supports call waiting service.
- You can use the app to send bulk messages.
- There is a security of data due to end-to-end encryption.
- It requires a good Wi-Fi connection for calling.
- You cannot make calls to contacts outside this platform.
Compatibility: It is compatible with iOS, Android, and Windows.
This one of the most widely used free international calling app in China. You can use this app to send messages and make calls. You can also configure this tool to send and receive emails. The app allows you to share pictures with your friends and family.
- Enables you to run several games.
- You can use it to login to Facebook account within it.
- It is possible to transfer money to those who use WeChat.
- Supports video and image uploading.
- You can listen to Voice messages through the app without downloading them.
- It supports many platforms.
- The instant messages are sent in a live chat.
- You can start conversations with strangers.
- You can integrate the app with other social media channels.
- Friends add limit is not restricted.
- Unable to detect the last seen, offline or online status.
Compatibility: The app is compatible with Mac, Android, iOS, and Windows.
This is a free international calling app that allows you to make group calls, video and voice messages, note and photo-sharing, and one-to-one calls. It has features that support virtual business meetings and conferences. You must have an Apple ID to use this app. The app atomically registers your phone number on the device. You can call the person you want from your phone book the same as using a phone.
- This app is very easy to configure and has a smart interface.
- It has good quality audio and HD video output.
- It offers split-view mode during group video calls where you can mix up conversations.
- Easy to use on Apple gadgets
- Your communication is protected by end-to-end encryption
- You can receive calls even when the app is not running.
- Provides HD video calls.
- Easy and quick to sign-in.
- You just need an Apple id to sing-in.
- It has end-to-end call encryption.
- Consumes a lot of data on video calls.
- Old devices can support video calls only.
Compatibility: It is only compatible with Mac and iOS.
6. Google Voice
This is the best international calling app that offers free voice and video call services to a few countries. The tool allows you to forward calls to other devices. You can detect any spam calls and block them immediately through the app. You have the right to decide who can get in touch with at when.
- You can record calls.
- It automatically filters spam calls.
- It has a user-friendly interface that can be used on smartphones and desktop.
- You can receive records of your voicemails through emails and text messages.
- It supports conference calls.
- Voice messaging for callers is enabled.
- You link all the contacts to a single account.
- It provides free virtual number for business marketing.
- It does not support HD video quality.
- Images are sent as links.
Compatibility: It is compatible with iOS, Android, and Windows.
You don’t require the Line app to receive calls on this app. You can share photos, videos, stickers, and text messages with your contacts. It has more than 1000 stickers that you can choose from during conversations. The app can be used to read the news.
- You can share moments directly from chats through live video.
- You can add cute filters to your chat.
- Follow your various celebrities on the app.
- You follow news on the app.
- It is easy to integrate your email with your account and your phone number.
- Enables you to follow your favorite celebrities.
- It has a simple user interface.
- Enabled to save photos, chats, and videos.
- It supports multiple platforms.
- It requires high network speed.
Compatibility: The app is compatible with Nokia, Blackberry, Windows, Android, and iOS.
This is one of the best free international calling app. It enables you to connect with other users on the app. The app is well designed and easy to use when you won’t make or receive international calls. It supports group conversations by sharing videos, audios, and images.
- You can delete a message sent by mistake before the recipient reads it.
- You can see who has read your message and who has not.
- It has both desktop and mobile versions that are easy to switch.
- You can identify new contacts through the ‘Discover’ tab.
- Your data is secured through end-to-end encryption.
- You can create a group and add participants easily.
- It has many GIFs, stickers, and emoticons.
- Facilitates the transfer of high-quality images.
- The app has too many ads that pop up as you use it.
- It does not support the sharing of large files.
Compatibility: It is compatible with Mac, iOS, Android, and Windows.
9. Google Duo
This one of the best app as it works well even with low internet bandwidth. The tool offers one-to-one calls, voice and video messages, photo sharing, and group video calls. You can restrict data usage while using the app.
- You can block unwanted numbers.
- It provides HD video call quality.
- It has a message compose feature for those who missed your call.
- You can automatically synchronization of phone contacts.
- You can’t log in without security validation.
- Data is secured through end-to-end encryption.
- Enabled to send a short video or voice message.
- It provides 720p HD video calling services.
- It requires regular updates especially for iOS users.
- Device feature is only available in the web-based application.
Compatibility: The app is compatible with Android, iOS, and Web.
This app can be used to make online calls and text messages to more than 230 countries. You can purchase a suitable plan or use Wi-Fi to make calls without an internet connection. You also get a free phone number for use for professional purposes.
- It has a voicemail feature.
- You can make free calls and send text messages over Wi-Fi.
- You can send text messages to your groups.
- It has call forwarding features.
- You get a free phone number after registration.
- You can customize your tone.
- It has a variety of stickers and emojis.
- It has a caller id to identify unknown numbers.
- You can remove ads by subscribing to a paid plan.
- You can secure your messages using a passcode.
- It has a floating chat feature.
- Calling process on this app is very easy.
- It has a unified inbox for all messages.
- You must subscribe to a paid plan to stop ads.
Compatibility: It is compatible with Android, Windows, iOS, and Mac OS.
This is an international calling app that you can use to connect with people all over the world even without a Wi-Fi or internet connection. It connects your call directly over the local phone lines. Call charges apply though they are minimal. It has a global unlimited pack that goes for about $10 per month and can be used to make calls to 50 selected countries.
- You can send text messages globally.
- Enables you to make a track of call history made.
- You can make calls worldwide freely.
- Enables you to track all transactions made via the app.
- Makes use of limited call rates.
- Not dependent on a strong Wi-Fi connection.
- It is easy to sign up using the app.
- It is a User-friendly interface.
- You cannot use the app to share images.
Compatibility: It is compatible with iOS and Android.
This is an international calling app that you can use as a web browser to reach people. It supports more than 1000 telecom companies worldwide for unified calling around the globe.
- It does not make use of any application to dial and make an international call.
- It does not require app downloads.
- The app does not require credit details to use.
- You do not have to sign up when making calls.
- The call voice is always clear.
- Free mobile phone or computer calling enabled.
- No app is needed to receive the calls.
- Calls made in a day are limited.
Compatibility: This is a free calling app that uses a browser and you do not need Ios and Android to use it.
Voxofon was launched in 2008 and is among the first app to offer free international calling. The tool works on mobile as well as desktops. You can also use this app to send and receive images, text messages, videos, etc. You can even make calls to international cell phone numbers and landlines using Voxofon.
- It gives a crystal voice on international calls.
- Calls are made directly internationally on landlines and phone numbers.
- You can be credited quickly upon making payments on direct calls.
- It makes use of send text, videos, and images.
- It is cheaper compared to the other apps.
- The audio quality is high.
- Messages are easily sent.
- Getting credits to make calls is a challenge.
Compatibility: It is compatible with iOS, Android, and Windows.
14. Vonage Mobile
This is a cloud-based phone system that you can use to manage and connect business at distant locations. You can use the app to send text messages, make free calls, and video chat. It provides users with call centers and advanced contact center services. This applies to unified communication to cater to billions of consumer interactions.
- It has call tracking and calls merging features
- It verifies user account with two-factor authentication to prevent frauds
- You can send and receive international messages
- It stitches conversation from multiple channels into a single line
- It is a high-quality voice application
- It is easy to configure with the current system.
- It keeps your phone numbers in any location moved.
- It has HD voice quality.
- It is versatile.
- The quality of calls depends on your internet bandwidth .
Compatibility: It is compatible with Android, Windows, and iOS.
These are VoIP phone systems that you can use for remote working. It has many features that are a basic necessity of modern business. It has a variety of features such as Do Not Disturb that makes calling easy.
- You can send a fax using the app
- Has Quality audio call conferencing.
- Enables you to get email voice mails.
- You can call and retrieve a secure call transfer.
- Gives free local phone numbers.
- It supports music play.
- It is easy to upgrade the features.
- It supports video and audio call conferencing.
- Has helpful customer support.
- It has a well-structured user interface.
- Call connectivity is highly dependent on internet quality.
- The app does not support the Google Chrome extension.
These international calling apps allow you to make calls overseas for free. They provide a plethora of features such as call forwarding, call recording, image, and video sharing. Most of their features can be upgraded according to the user’s demands.