If you’re always bothered about the possibility of your car being stolen, then maybe you should get a GPS device to track a car. Tracking a car by GPS is a very efficient way to always be in control of these unplanned events. Also, apart from the possibilities of theft and robbery, there are also many reasons to track your car. You can do so for the purposes of recording your mileages and speed, or at other times when you need to obtain a log of your destinations.
In any case, you would need to make use of a GPS to track a vehicle and rely on your WiFi and cellular connections to know just where your car is, and where it might have been. Either way, whatever your intentions are, you will need the best of GPS tracking devices to determine the location of your car at all times- devices that actually work to the greatest levels of accuracy.
With these tracking devices, you can be assured that your car is always safe- or at least you can determine its position. Your peace of mind is really important to us and we want you to be at rest all the time. We don’t just want you to get to the stores and buy any gadget you can find that the label ‘tracking device. We are interested in helping you make the best decisions. This is why we have compiled a list of our favorite and top six GPS best car tracking devices. With these devices, you can’t go wrong.
Top 6 Best GPS Device To Track A Car in 2020 Buying Guide
1. MOTOsafety GPS Vehicle Tracker
This tracker is has risen swiftly to become one of the best in the United States. You can easily install it by plugging it into your car’s ODB outlet without the need for any other connections. This tracker is particularly suited for a family. MOTOsafety has always been particular about safety and what other people to think of keeping safe than the whole family?
The MOTOsafety GPS car tracker allows parents to monitor and review the activities of their young adults. With the car tracker, they can visibly watch the routes the teens take and ensure that they steer them from harm’s way.
- Usa, Canada, & Mexico compatible — our GPS vehicle tracker currently works in the United States, Canada and Mexico regions.
- Reasonable monthly cost — $22.99/month for cellular network that transports your data wirelessly, no Activation or cancelation fees. Gps tracker operates off a cellular network and reports every 60 seconds.
- Reasonable monthly cost — $22.99/month for cellular network that transports your data wirelessly, no Activation or cancelation fees. Activate within 30 days and receive one month of service!
- Immediate alerts — Know where your children or family members are at all times with immediate alerts sent Straight to your mobile Device or computer.
- Easy Installation — install Moto safety in a vehicle’s obd port and track your teen driver or loved one within seconds.
- Geofences — quickly identify important locations, such as work, school, or home, by setting up geofences and getting notifications when those zones are entered or exited.
- Accurate reports — monitor your teen’s driving activity, including speed, direction, and location, using Google maps Features.
- Driving score — get comprehensive driving report cards that Score driving habits, including harsh braking, speeding, and rapid acceleration.
- North America: United States, Canada, and Mexico
2. LandAirSea 54 Tracker
This tracker distinguishes itself from the rest with its trademark quality of being able to go underwater. It is almost sounding like it is made by the SEALs and for the SEALs. The LandAirSea 54 prides in its functionalities and retains one of the favorite sports as one of the best car tracking devices.
- PERSONAL GPS TRACKER: Our small tracking system includes a SIM card, fits into your pocket, attaches to your car, fits into luggage, or can be hidden discreetly to ensure you have maximum visibility at all times
- TRACKS MOVEMENT IN REAL-TIME: Track and map (with Google Maps) in real-time on web-based software or SilverCloud App for reliable live tracking of people, vehicles or assets, and receive up-to-date text and email alerts
- DISCREET TRACKING: The ultimate in discreet tracking or ‘out of sight, out of mind’; LED lights can be disabled via the app so the device won’t give away its location with glaring flashing lights
- WATERPROOF WITH BUILT-IN MAGNET: No additional accessories necessary! Our GPS locator device includes a built-in high strength magnet and is easy to install in or on your vehicle; Device measures 2.25 x 2.25 x 0.80 inches
- DESIGNED, ENGINEERED AND MANUFACTURED IN THE USA: Unlike other GPS systems on the market today our products are built in the USA
- MONTHLY FEE: Similar to a cell phone, our GPS device uses a SIM card (included); This is not just a bluetooth tracker which has very limited range; 24/7 customer support available
- **IMPORTANT! Domestic Use Only (USA). Global compatibility available via alternative listing.
3. Spytec STI GL300MA GPS Tracker
The SpyTec GL-300 is a really good GPS device to track a car. In fact, it is indeed one of the best. This is made obvious in the positive reviews it has done so well to gather, and the ones it continues so blessedly to gain.
The SpyTec GL-300 is completely incredible, with the tracker updating its location about every five seconds.
- Real-Time GPS Tracking: Track vehicles, valuables, and loved ones in real time, 24/7. Our GPS system uses 4G satellite technology to give you an accurate location, whether you are tracking in dense urban areas or on remote country roads. Receive the location data of your tracker directly to a phone, tablet, or computer.
- Discreet & Versatile: Compact and concealable, the GL300 is a mini tracker that is just one-inch thick, making it discreet and highly versatile. Its battery lasts up to two-and-a-half weeks, so you won’t have to worry about removing it each night to charge. Simply set and activate the tracker and slip it into a backpack or conceal it under a car seat to remotely track movements.
- Precise Insights, Custom Alerts, & Boundaries: Using cutting-edge GPS technology, the Spytec GPS Browser Platform can be customized to send SMS and email alerts anytime the tracker enters or exits a defined zone. You can also receive data that monitors trips in their entirety with their starting and end points. Create summary data reports to capture movement over time and provide historical insights, like speed of travel, total distance, and more.
- Safe & Secure Tracking & Reporting: Privacy is among our top priorities. The Spytec GPS Platform does not store your information. All account details and data tracking are securely encrypted.
- Affordable Subscription & Free Customer Service: A data plan to access our Browser Platform is required for use, starting at only $24.95 a month with no hidden activation or cancellation fees. Designed to suit your individual needs, the Spytec GPS tracking service is month-to-month so you can easily cancel and reactivate at any time. Each tracker also has a lifetime guarantee, so if there is any damage we will happily replace the GL300 for free. If you have any issues, we are here to help 24/7.
4. Optimus 2.0 GPS Tracker
If you have been wondering just how to track a car with a GPS device, then you should probably read the reviews on Optimum 2.0 GPS Tracker. This tracker, small and compact can be hidden anywhere in your car. Its extreme compactness allows for it to camouflage easily between or underneath seats and other compartments within the car.
- Bundle of 2 Items: GPS Tracker - Optimus 2.0 and Twin Magnet Case - 4G LTE
- $19.95 per month - Cancel Anytime - No Contract - No Hidden Fees - Customizable position report frequency from 10 Seconds while moving. Default is 1 minute
- IPhone and Android App for Easy and Fast Tracking - Special Routing Feature for Investigators
- Email and Text Message Alerts for Movement, Speeding, Leaving or Entering Areas, Low Battery, SOS Button - Driving Reports
- SIM Card and Data Plan Included - FCC, PTCRB Certified Unit - Coverage for USA and Canada
5. Mileage Ace Car GPS Tracker
Not all GPS trackers are particularly based on finding cars and monitoring teenagers. Some are actually built for measurements of mileages. Among these numerous GPS car trackers built for this purpose is the Mileage Ace Car Tracker. As the name implies, this tracker is perfect for keeping records of your mileages. It records an accuracy of 99% and solidly holds its ground as one of the best in the market.
This tracker is an ideal GPS tracking for trucks as it so easily records the mileages and automatically creates the most accurate logs for the commercial trips undertaken. The manufacturers of Mileage Ace Car GPS tracker particularly believe in thinking differently and this is also seen in the features the car tracker offers.
- Little LogBook is an automated electronic GPS trip logbook solution that takes away the responsibility and inaccuracy of manually recording trip logs.
- Highly sensitive and accurate SIRF GPS chip provides world-class trip logging.
- Plug and Go - No vehicle Installation Required
- Secure - Device is password secure so your movements cannot be studied should your device be lost or stolen.
- Free software updates - We'll keep your software up to date and cutting edge, for free. Will work on Microsoft windows XP or newer (not Mac compliant yet)
6. BrickHouse Security Spark Nano
Talking about one of the most durable tracking devices in the market, BrickHouse Security Spark Nano replicates a diamond kind of existence- not easily broken, enduring, standing the test of time. This GPS tracking device provides the best and one of the most frequent notifications for a GPS device to track a car. It is most suitable for transmitting valuables from one region to another.
It maintains a steady and secure network and it only allows a minimal level of interference if it allows any at all. It rides solely on its personal and exclusive protocols and will, many years from now retain its place as one of the best in the car tracking the market.
- Ultra-Compact Design - Hide The Camscura Tilt in Plain Sight or Conceal it Almost Anywhere. Perfect For Watching Over Your Home or Office While You Are Away.
- Multiple Recording Options, Including 1280 x 720 HD Video. 160 Degree Adjustable Pivoting Wide Angle Lens. All Videos Are Recorded to an SD Card (sold separately) for Transfer to Any Computer - Mac or PC.
- Selectable Recording Modes: Motion Activated, Voice Activated (does not record or store audio, per US federal regulations), Vibration Activated or Record Continuously.
- 10 Hour Active Recording Battery Life and 90-Day Standby Battery Power. Keep an Eye on the Nanny, At-Home Caregiver, Employee or Potential Burglar.
- Low Cost Home Monitoring Solution. Keep Your Home, Family, Office and Vehicle Safe.
This tracker with the rest of the group is ranked as the best GPS device to track a car and to continually keep watch over the expensive materials it can sometimes transport.
FAQs – GPS Device To Track A Car
A lot of customers and car owners sometimes have a lot of questions about tracking their cars. We have compiled a list of the most asked questions on the subject and we will swiftly provide answers to them.
Q. What are the things I should consider before getting a tracking device?
Ans. Here are some things you should consider before getting a GPS car tracking device:
- Unique Features: The features tell you what the tracker has and gives you a fair share of ideas on what it doesn’t. Therefore, before you get a GPS tracker for your car, be sure to check out all the features and see go for the best you can find.
Some of the features you should look out for include:
- Battery life
- It’s alert systems and mechanisms
These are just a few of the things you should look out for.
- Price: It will be really rational for you to consider the price of the GPS car tracking device before getting it. GPS trackers generally have a price ranging anywhere from $25 to $100.
You might want to think about running with a budget and taking the costs of subscriptions and cellular network charges into consideration.
Deciding from the start is one very essential step you cannot afford to ignore
- Product reviews: Go through the reviews of the trackers online. Chances are, the best products will have the highest number of reviews and 5-star ratings. The customers’ expressions of praises and displeasure will definitely help inform your decision and allow you to choose the best GPS tracking device for your car.
Q. What is the best car tracking device I can get?
Ans. Reread the article. Go online, view the products on Amazon and other online store and read user reviews. This will give you a great idea of the type and kind of tracking device that is best for your car.
Q. Can you tell me how to track a car GPS device?
Ans. Just place the device in one of the creeks in your car and monitor it via a cellular network and an app on your mobile.
Q. Can I trust the accuracy of my car tracker?
Ans. Of course! As long as you opt for one of our top 6, you can be assured your car tracker will work to an accuracy of over 90%- as long as you don’t have issues with the batteries and signals.
Q. Can my truck use a tracking device?
Ans. Yes! There is a GPS tracking device for trucks and they have been listed already. Don’t get it wrong. These tracking devices are for big trucks as they are for compact-size cars.
Q. What is the best GPS tracking device for my truck?
Ans. You can conveniently go for anyone on our list. It all depends on your preferences.
Q. Is it even legal to track my car?
Ans. Yes! There are no rules against safety. It is completely legal to put a tracker on your car. What could be a very serious criminal offense is if you place a tracker in another person’s car without their consent. That is strictly prohibited.
Q. Where should I place my tracker?
Ans. It all depends on you. You can choose to place your tracker between the seats of your car or in the glove compartment. Whatever you do, however, we advise you that you should go for somewhere that serves as a good camouflage base, that is, a place where it cannot be so easily spotted.
Spending a few dollars on getting the best GPS tracking device for your car can save you thousands more in the future. We will, therefore, encourage that you perceive getting a GPS tracker for your car as an investment, rather than an expense. In truth, no one has any idea if you would actually need it, but it is best you push to be on the safest side.