If you’re always bothered about the possibility of your car being stolen, then maybe you should get a GPS device to track a car. Tracking a car by GPS is a very efficient way to always be in control of these unplanned events. Also, apart from the possibilities of theft and robbery, there are also many reasons to track your car. You can do so for the purposes of recording your mileages and speed, or at other times when you need to obtain a log of your destinations.
In any case, you would need to make use of a GPS to track a vehicle and rely on your WiFi and cellular connections to know just where your car is, and where it might have been. Either way, whatever your intentions are, you will need the best of GPS tracking devices to determine the location of your car at all times- devices that actually work to the greatest levels of accuracy.
With these tracking devices, you can be assured that your car is always safe- or at least you can determine its position. Your peace of mind is really important to us and we want you to be at rest all the time. We don’t just want you to get to the stores and buy any gadget you can find that the label ‘tracking device.
We are interested in helping you make the best decisions. This is why we have compiled a list of our favorite and top six GPS best car tracking devices. With these devices, you can’t go wrong.
Top 6 Best GPS Device To Track A Car – Reviews
1. MOTOsafety GPS Vehicle Tracker
This tracker is has risen swiftly to become one of the best in the United States. You can easily install it by plugging it into your car’s ODB outlet without the need for any other connections. This tracker is particularly suited for a family. MOTOsafety has always been particular about safety and what other people think of keeping safe than the whole family?
The MOTOsafety GPS car tracker allows parents to monitor and review the activities of their young adults. With the car tracker, they can visibly watch the routes the teens take and ensure that they steer them from harm’s way.
- It can be easily accessed on wireless 3G networks.
- It has a downloadable Android app.
- It works on iOS smartphones.
- An easy to operate a location tracking system.
- A daily driver’s report card that allows you to see just how well your car was handled that day.
- With MOTOsafety GPS vehicle tracker, your safety and that of your family is guaranteed.
- You can install the tracker within seconds of plugging it into your OBD port
- It can be accessed online
- It provides one of the fastest updates the driver’s activities and behavior
- It gives you the location of your vehicle
- There are no hidden prices in purchasing the tracker
- It cannot work without being connected to the OBDII port
- It is not waterproof
2. LandAirSea 54 Tracker
This tracker distinguishes itself from the rest with its trademark quality of being able to go underwater. It is almost sounding like it is made by the SEALs and for the SEAL. The LandAirSea 54 prides on its functionalities and retains one of the favorite sports as one of the best car tracking devices.
- An accompanying SilverCloud app that connects to Google Maps and reveals the position of the tracker anywhere on the earth’s surface.
- A shareable link option.
- Geo-fencing options.
- Weather and waterproof housing.
- A 2-inch disc with a strong magnet.
- A very strong battery.
- It is completely waterproof
- High battery capacity
- No installation necessary
- Functional on all phone networks
- Real-time tracking
- It costs $24.95 per month to maintain
- Does not require a special case
- The weak signal on low battery
3. Spytec STI GL300MA GPS Tracker
The SpyTec GL-300 is a really good GPS device to track a car. In fact, it is indeed one of the best. This is made obvious in the positive reviews it has done so well to gather, and the ones it continues so blessedly to gain. The SpyTec GL-300 is completely incredible, with the tracker updating its location about every five seconds.
- Real-time communication with GPS transmitted directly by network to your smartphone.
- It weighs about 2 ounces.
- It has a trigger-based alarm system.
- It is about 2 x 1 x 0.8 inches.
- It has a motion sensor that helps preserve the battery life of the tracker.
- It has a weatherproof magnetic case.
- It is linked to Google maps.
- A functional app for use.
- Superb customer support
- It has an outstanding battery life- In terms of this; it is one of the best.
- It provides updates at regular specified intervals
- It is extremely hard to spot
- It can be more easily spotted than some other car trackers.
- It is not so attractive to some users
- Costs a lot to use
4. Optimus 2.0 GPS Tracker
If you have been wondering just how to track a car with a GPS device, then you should probably read the reviews on Optimum 2.0 GPS Tracker. This tracker, small and compact can be hidden anywhere in your car. Its extreme compactness allows for it to camouflage easily between or underneath seats and other compartments within the car.
- A downloadable Android and iPhone application
- Special alert messages to alert on movements.
- Alert system on Geofencing, Speeding, and a low battery.
- An SOS button for emergencies.
- Google map sync
- Compact and lightweight design
- A really powerful battery lasts for up to two weeks
- Real-time tracking on its downloadable applications
- It offers you an unlimited GPS Tracking Historical Data
- It is not waterproof
- The services are limited to the United States
5. Mileage Ace Car GPS Tracker
Not all GPS trackers are particularly based on finding cars and monitoring teenagers. Some are actually built for measurements of mileages. Among these numerous GPS car trackers built for this purpose is the Mileage Ace Car Tracker. As the name implies, this tracker is perfect for keeping records of your mileages. It records an accuracy of 99% and solidly holds its ground as one of the best in the market.
This tracker is an ideal GPS tracking for trucks as it so easily records the mileages and automatically creates the most accurate logs for the commercial trips undertaken. The manufacturers of Mileage Ace Car GPS tracker particularly believe in thinking differently and this is also seen in the features the car tracker offers.
- A 4.5 x 5 x 1.5 inches make up.
- Automatic mileage logs.
- The mileage logs include the dates, times, and addresses of the trips made.
- A 30-day trial period for the full and premium features of this tracking device.
- You receive a lifetime warranty
- The tracking device is extremely accurate
- It helps to estimate and monitor the movement and arrival times of big trucks and vehicles
- It is time-saving
- It helps to avoid and prevent a lot of errors
- It is very affordable
- There are no risks for data losses as the system operates entirely online
- At this moment, it is only available in the United States.
- Also, it is not very available in some areas in the United States are not available (very few). Contact us with questions.
- It requires additional fees for monthly cellular data.
6. BrickHouse Security Spark Nano
Talking about one of the most durable tracking devices in the market, BrickHouse Security Spark Nano replicates a diamond kind of existence- not easily broken, enduring, standing the test of time. This GPS tracking device provides the best and one of the most frequent notifications for a GPS device to track a car. It is most suitable for transmitting valuables from one region to another.
It maintains a steady and secure network and it only allows a minimal level of interference if it allows any at all. It rides solely on its personal and exclusive protocols and will, many years from now retain its place as one of the best in the car tracking the market.
- Rapid Notification Options.
- An exclusive GPS protocol.
- An SOS panic button.
- A rugged, magnetic case.
- The casing is completely water-resistant.
- A small and compact body that can be easily tucked into any corner in your car.
- It is one of the most secure tracking networks in the market.
- The desktop tracking program is extremely detailed.
- It requires a rather expensive monthly subscription
This tracker with the rest of the group is ranked as the best GPS device to track a car and to continually keep watch over the expensive materials it can sometimes transport.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
A lot of customers and car owners sometimes have a lot of questions about tracking their cars. We have compiled a list of the most asked questions on the subject and we will swiftly provide answers to them.
What Are the Things I Should Consider Before Getting a Tracking Device?
Here are some things you should consider before getting a GPS car tracking device:
The features tell you what the tracker has and gives you a fair share of ideas on what it doesn’t. Therefore, before you get a GPS tracker for your car, be sure to check out all the features and see go for the best you can find.
Some of the features you should look out for include:
- Battery life.
- It’s alert systems and mechanisms.
These are just a few of the things you should look out for:
- Price: It will be really rational for you to consider the price of the GPS car tracking device before getting it. GPS trackers generally have a price ranging anywhere from $25 to $100. You might want to think about running with a budget and taking the costs of subscriptions and cellular network charges into consideration. Deciding from the start is one very essential step you cannot afford to ignore
- Product reviews: Go through the reviews of the trackers online. Chances are, the best products will have the highest number of reviews and 5-star ratings. The customers’ expressions of praises and displeasure will definitely help inform your decision and allow you to choose the best GPS tracking device for your car.
What is the Best Car Tracking Device I Can Get?
Reread the article. Go online, view the products on Amazon and other online stores, and read user reviews. This will give you a great idea of the type and kind of tracking device that is best for your car.
Can You Tell Me How to Track a Car GPS Device?
Just place the device in one of the creeks in your car and monitor it via a cellular network and an app on your mobile.
Can I Trust the Accuracy of My Car Tracker?
Of course! As long as you opt for one of our top 6, you can be assured your car tracker will work to an accuracy of over 90%- as long as you don’t have issues with the batteries and signals.
Can My Truck Use a Tracking Device?
Yes! There is a GPS tracking device for trucks and they have been listed already. Don’t get it wrong. These tracking devices are for big trucks as they are for compact-size cars.
What is the Best GPS Tracking Device for My Truck?
You can conveniently go for anyone on our list. It all depends on your preferences.
Is it Even Legal to Track My Car?
Yes! There are no rules against safety. It is completely legal to put a tracker on your car. What could be a very serious criminal offense is if you place a tracker in another person’s car without their consent. That is strictly prohibited.
Where Should I Place My Tracker?
It all depends on you. You can choose to place your tracker between the seats of your car or in the glove compartment. Whatever you do, however, we advise you that you should go for somewhere that serves as a good camouflage base, that is, a place where it cannot be so easily spotted.
Spending a few dollars on getting the best GPS tracking device for your car can save you thousands more in the future. We will, therefore, encourage that you perceive getting a GPS tracker for your car as an investment, rather than an expense. In truth, no one has any idea if you would actually need it, but it is best you push to be on the safest side.