Sprint becomes the latest cellular carrier to discontinue the two-year contract model. However, as its competitors have shifted to financing and outright purchases for phones, Sprint has opted for a leasing-based plan. The number four mobile operator has followed Verizon and T-Mobile in abandoning phone subsidies leaving only AT&T to keep the industry standard.
According to Sprint, customers can lease the latest iPhone for a monthly price and then swap it in for a new one whenever Apple upgrades the line. Subscribers to iPhone Forever pay $22 a month for an iPhone 6 and have the option to upgrade when the new model is launched.
Users that stay in the program are eligible for a new phone every time Apple launches one as long as they remain in the plan. The corporation has made a concerted attempt to entice clients with a lease deal tailored to iPhone lovers.
How To Activate New iPhone Sprint – Step By Step Guideline
Activate your new iPhone Sprint is pretty simple and takes only a few minutes. The following steps, namely activation preparation, phone replacement activation, and activation of a new phone, highlight simplified steps to activate your new iPhone sprint.
1. Activation Preparation
- Check if your phone has a user account. You’ll need an iCloud or Gmail account if you’re going from an iPhone to an Android phone. Set up an account first if you don’t already have one:
- Set up an iCloud account on your iPhone.
- Make a Gmail account for your Android device.
- Take the sim card off your old phone. This is only required if you wish to keep your old phone number.
- If possible, make a backup of the information on your old phone. If you have a brand-new Verizon SIM card, you can skip this step.
- Turn off iMessage if applicable. You will first have to turn off iMessage on your iPhone if you transfer from an iPhone to an Android.
2. Phone Replacement Activation
- Switch off the old handset. Press and hold onto your phone the “Power” Button, then slide on “Off to Power” (iPhone) or press Off to Power (iPhone) (Android).
- Install your new phone with an old SIM card. Remove your old phone SIM card and insert it into your new phone if you want to use it. If you use a new SIM card or your phone comes with a SIM card, you can skip this step.
- Charge 100% on your new phone. Plugin your phone and let it charge for at least one hour, depending on the previous charge of your phone. You can switch on your phone, but you can do no setup steps.
- Open the Activate page of Sprint. Go to https://www.sprint.com/enable in a web browser computer. For this process, you cannot use a phone web browser:
- Check your activation code on the box or dial *#06#
- Visit sprint.com/backup to back and transfer your files.
- Login into My Sprint; should you have no account, create one.
- Worth noting is that some services connected to your current device may not transfer to your old device, so make an effort to re-establish them once done with activation.
- Click the “Sign in to activate” yellow box on the lower part of the page.
- Key in your username and passcode for your Sprint in the username and password boxes, respectively.
- Click submit button just below the password box; it automatically opens the Sprint Account page.
- Find the phone you want to replace and then scroll down. You will find the phone that you want to substitute in the section “On my devices” of your account tab.
- On the option ” Manage this device” drop-down box, which appears on the right of the phone you wish to replace.
- Afterwards, click the “activate new phone” option.
- Enter the serial number for your new phone. On the phone box or in the telephone manual, you can find your phone’s serial number. If you have purchased it from Sprint but have not activated it in stores, you may instead choose the new phone.
- Follow the activation instructions on the screen. You may be prompted to enter your ICCID SIM card, depending on your telephone and SIM card options. You will then follow any prompts to the Activation page, where Sprint will alert you when your telephone is turned on. “When you activate an IMEI or MEID number on your phone manual or box, if you have another phone other than the one on the right side of the page, click on the new device link under the “New device to activate.”
- Power your new phone and set it up. You can turn your phone on and follow on-screen instructions to add your account, set Wi-Fi, etc., when it’s enabled.
3. Activating a New Phone
- Find the serial number for your phone : The serial number of your phone is most often found in the packaging or manual, although if you have purchased it from a Sprint dealer, you can find the serial number on the receipt for your mobile phone.
- Be sure that you know the MEID or IMEI number of your phone : You should have already found an IMEI or MEID number, which, together with your phone’s serial number, will help you identify your Sprint phone.
- Call Sprint customer service : Using a different phone, call Sprint at (888) 211-4727
- Follow the directions given to a representative of the service.
- Ask the agent to turn on your phone : At this point, you should ask for information on your account.
- Give the requested information to the representative. Your representative may ask your social security number for your account name, password, PIN or the last four digits, or the serial and IMEI number of the phone here as well. You will also need to recite the ICCID number of the SIM card if you use a new Sprint SIM card.
- Switch on and configure your phone. Once your phone is activated, the representative will enable it to be enabled and follow the on-screen prompts for adding your account, creating Wi-Fi, and so forth. If you use a new SIM card, insert it into your mobile phone and set it up.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
iPhone Forever is a program designed to allow you to get the latest iPhone every year once you have made cleared the 12 lease installments.
Through leasing an eligible iPhone, immediately you complete the 12 payments on the phone, just bring it back and get an upgrade.
Both new and previous customers opening a new line of service and leasing an iPhone Forever eligible iPhone.
Should you wish to upgrade sooner, you can just make the equivalent of 12 monthly lease payments; you then will be eligible to update to a new iPhone when it is released.
The Sprint Buyback Program allows for a trade-in of your current working phone for the trade-in credit. This credit is eligible as a down payment to lower your monthly installments payments.
Activate a new iPhone sprint is quite simple, and anyone can do it as it doesn’t involve any technical process. The iPhone Forever is a great program that allows iPhone fanatics to enjoy new market entrants without necessarily spending a lot of cash at once.