How to stop spam calls on android? Spam calls are the bane of everyone’s existence. They’re annoying, intrusive, and can be downright dangerous. If you’re getting spam calls on your Android phone, you can do a few things to stop them.
In this article, you will learn the various ways how to stop unwanted calls on cell phones and everything else you need to know about it.
- What is Spam Call
- What is the Best Spam Call Blocker for Android
- How to Stop Spam Calls on Android – Easy Ways
- How to Block Spam Calls on your Android Using the Dialer
- How to Block Spam Calls through your Mobile Carrier
- How to Block Spam Calls by Registering on Donotcall
- How to Block Spam Calls One by One
- How do I Stop Spam Calls Permanently
- How to Stop Spam Calls on Android for Free
- What can you do About Spam Calls
- Final Words
- Don’t Miss It:
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is Spam Call
Spam calls are unwanted, automated calls that use a robocaller or pre-recorded message to sell you something or just waste your time. They’re sometimes called “telemarketing” or “telephone marketing” calls. Spammers use technology to make thousands of phone calls at once. This lets them reach millions of people with just one phone number.
Some have even been known to call from overseas and disguise their Caller ID, so it looks like they’re calling from an area code near you. Spam callers may even pretend to be government agencies or businesses with which you have an account, like the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) or a utility company, to trick you into answering their call.
What is the Best Spam Call Blocker for Android
There’s no shortage of spam call apps on Google Play, but only a few are worth considering. Here are the best Android spam call blockers! People mainly use the Truecaller app because it has a wide range of features and is a great all-around app. It has caller ID, spam detection, SMS blocking, and even business payment services.
The premium version of Truecaller costs $1 per month or $10 per year, removing ads and adding advanced features like a crowdsourced search engine for numbers that aren’t in your contacts list yet. Another great spam call blocker on Android is Mr. Number, free to download and use with no ads. It has a database of over 200 million numbers considered spam, so chances are good that it will have the number you’re looking for.
Mr. Number also lets you block calls from private or unknown numbers, and you can even schedule times when specific numbers are allowed to call you. For example, you could block all calls except your boss during work hours.
How to Stop Spam Calls on Android – Easy Ways
There are a few different ways to stop spam calls on Android. You can turn caller ID and spam protection off or back on, turn on Caller ID announcements, mark calls, verify or share the caller ID. Let’s talk about each of these methods in detail:
1. Turn Caller ID & Spam Protection Off or Back On
If you’re still receiving unwanted calls, try turning off caller ID. To do this, go to Settings and Apps and notifications. Then Advanced, then App permissions. Find your phone app and turn off “Read phone status and identity” or “Read call log.” This will enable you to receive calls from people who have withheld their numbers.
To take things a step further, you can also disable “Allow this app to read your call log.” This will stop the app from being able to see your call history, which means it can’t use that information to show you caller ID for unknown numbers. To turn caller ID back on, simply follow the same steps and toggle the switches back to the “on” position.
2. Turn On the Caller ID Announcement
Another way to stop spam calls is to turn on the caller ID announcement. This will announce the name or number of the caller before you answer the phone. To do this, go to Settings, then Phone, and toggle the “Announce Calls” switch to the “on” position. You can set up a caller ID announcement through the Google Voice app if you have a Google Voice number.
To do this:
- Open the application and click the menu icon located at the top left corner of the page.
- Click Settings and select “Incoming calls.”
- Tap the switch for “Announce calls” and select “From anyone.”
3. Mark Calls As Spam
Using an Android phone, you can mark specific numbers as spam in your call history. This will send the number to Google so they can investigate and take action if necessary.
To do this:
- Open the Phone app and tap on the “Recents” tab.
- Locate the number you want to mark as spam and tap on it.
- Tap on the “Block & report spam” icon in the top right corner.
Using a Samsung Galaxy phone, you can also mark numbers as spam by tapping on the “Block” icon in the call log.
4. Verify or Share Caller ID
Lastly, you can verify or share the caller ID of numbers that are not in your contacts list. To do this, go to Settings, then Phone, and toggle the “Verify apps” switch to the “on” position. You can also share your caller ID with businesses and organisations you call frequently. To do this, go to Settings, then Phone, scroll down until you reach the “Share your caller ID” section, and press on the “Add a number” option.
How to Block Spam Calls on your Android Using the Dialer
First, you need to download and install an app called Call Blocker from Google Play Store (free). This will block any phone number from calling or texting you using your device’s dialer. After installing the app, launch it from your device’s home screen and tap “Add Numbers” at the bottom of the screen. Then enter the numbers you want to block into the corresponding fields (each number must be entered separately).
You can add an entire area code by tapping “Add Area Code” and entering its digits into another field. Once finished entering numbers, tap “Save” at the bottom of the screen. Now, whenever a call comes in from one of the numbers you’ve blocked, it will be automatically rejected, and you won’t even see it coming in.
If you want to block calls from hidden or private numbers, go to the app’s settings by tapping the three-dot icon in the top right corner and selecting “Settings.” Then, toggle the “Block private numbers” switch to the “on” position.
How to Block Spam Calls through your Mobile Carrier
Using an Android phone, you can block spam calls by contacting your carrier. Each carrier has its own process for stopping numbers, so you’ll need to check with them for specific instructions. You’ll need to add the number you want to block to your carrier’s blocking service.
You can usually log into your account on their website or mobile app. Once the number is added, it will be automatically blocked from calling or texting your phone.
How to Block Spam Calls by Registering on Donotcall
There are various ways that you can block spam calls, depending on your needs.
Registering on Donotcall
You can register your number on the Do Not Call Registry, which will help eliminate unwanted telemarketing calls. The FTC recommends updating this information at least once every four months or so and when you move or change your phone number.
To register your number, visit donotcall and click on the “Register Your Phone Number” link. You’ll need to provide your name, address, and phone number. Once you’ve registered, your number will be added to the registry within 31 days.
How to Block Spam Calls One by One
To block your spam calls, you can first try to identify the number that’s been calling you. You can do this by looking at your call history or using a reverse phone lookup service. Once you have the number, you can block it using your phone’s built-in blocking features or by downloading a call blocker app.
How do I Stop Spam Calls Permanently
The only way to stop spam calls is to get off the list. And the only way to do that is to add your phone number to the National Do Not Call Registry. But even if you do this, some companies will still call you. You may get a few calls from businesses that have done business with you in the past or whose products and services you have requested (for example, a home security company).
And there are other ways for telemarketers to get your phone number: If a company has a current customer list, it can legally buy additional records from third-party vendors who specialise in selling such information. These vendors may receive their lists from sources such as people posting their contact information on Craigslist or Facebook or untrustworthy data breaches like those at Equifax or Yahoo!
How to Stop Spam Calls on Android for Free
You can download apps on the Play Store that tell you how to stop spam calls on android for free. Some popular options include Mr. Number, Call Blocker Free, and Calls Blacklist. Once you’ve installed one of these apps, open it and add the numbers you want to block.
The process for doing this will vary depending on your app. In general, you’ll need to add the number to a list of blocked numbers or add it to a contact list that the app will automatically stop. These apps will also usually have other features that you can use to block calls, such as blocking private numbers or unknown numbers. Some apps will also let you report numbers as spam so that other users can be warned about them.
What can you do About Spam Calls
There are a few things you can do to protect yourself from spam calls, including:
- Add your number to the National Do Not Call Registry. This will stop most telemarketers from calling you, but it won’t stop other types of spam callers.
- Don’t answer calls from unknown numbers. If you don’t know who is calling, don’t answer.
- Use caller ID blocking services. Many phone companies offer services that block calls from specific numbers or hide your number when you make outgoing calls.
- Use call blocker apps. There are several apps available that will allow you to block unwanted calls. Some are even free.
- Be cautious about giving out your number. Don’t give your number to businesses or organisations unless you are sure they won’t misuse it.
- Be careful about responding to calls or text messages from unknown numbers. Many spam callers will try to get you to call them back or respond to their text messages to charge you for the call.
- Report spam calls to the FTC. The Federal Trade Commission is responsible for enforcing the Telephone Consumer Protection Act. You can file a complaint with the FTC if you’ve received a spam call.
Spam calls are an annoying reality of life, but there are a few things you can do to protect yourself from them. Following the recommended steps and tips in this article, you can be assured that no more spam calls will bother you again. Thanks for reading!
Don’t Miss It:
- How to Block Spam Calls on iPhone
- How To Block Unwanted Calls On Landline Free – Easy Ways
- How To Find Out An Unknown Caller Number – Easy Ways
- How To Find Out Personal Information About Someone For Free