An android phone has become an essential part of our day-to-day life. We keep all our data personally and professionally on our phones. We all need our phones to be secure with our information stored. We all forget our security pin, pattern, and password at some point of time in our daily life. We may not be able to use our phones in that situation.
There are several safe methods to unlock your android phone password without a factory reset option. Though there are few risk factors involved in bypassing the reset option of the phone it is worth deleting or losing all information.
How Does Factory Reset Works
The factory reset is the method of resetting the whole android mobile as a new one. It deletes all the data including photos, files, applications, saved WiFi passwords, other preferences, and videos. It deletes everything without creating any sort of backup. It keeps data that are stored in the SD card of the phone.
In short words, the factory reset option is nothing but our phone turns to the factory-developed version. Factory reset option is the best method when you buy or sell your android phone as it wipes all data. There are quite a few benefits in the resetting process also.
- Deletes all unwanted data.
- Boost the phone speed.
- Enhances the performance.
- Free up the memory.
- Unlock the phone without privacy lock.
- No backup data is created.
- User setting will also get a reset.
All we need to perform is to create a backup of our contacts, password, and messages of our own before resetting. We should make sure that we remember Google account and password before factory reset. When we often use the factory reset option it may damage the device. We must think twice before using the factory reset option in our android mobile.
How to Unlock Android Phone Password without Factory Reset – Easy Ways
1) Using Google Account
After several attempts of the wrong password, you can reset the password using Google. Type 5 attempts of wrong pin or password. You will get a message saying try after 20 seconds or two minutes.
- Forgot Pattern or Pin option will be seen at the bottom of the mobile screen.
- Click on the Button.
- Click Next in the Dialog Box.
- Tap on the Google account details option to unlock the phone.
- Tap Next to type the Google account and sign in.
- Now you can change the Password/Pattern/Pin without using the factory reset option.
- Easy technique to unlock.
- Available maximum in all android phones.
- Available only on android 4.4 versions and lower.
- Only user using Google account can reset the password.
Points to Remember:
- Ensure that you synchronize all your data with Google account so that it makes it easy to unlock your device.
Methods 2) Using ADB (Android Debug Bridge)
You need a USB and system with an ADB software kit. ADB is a skilled software tool that is used as a communication between the android phone and the system. This kit comes as a bundle that combines the android debug bridge and android software development kit (SDK). This ADB is now liable in android studio.
The steps that are included in this unlocking process are as follows:
- Connect the PC with the USB and android mobile.
- Ensure that the phone has a 75% charge for the process.
- Open the Command Prompt or Terminal According to your OS.
- Type commands ABD shell, cd/data/data/com. android. providers. settings. databases, SQLite.settings.DB.
- Now type SQL query for unlocking the android device.
- Update system set value=0 where name=’lock_pattern_autolock’.
- Update system set value=0 where name=’lockscreen.lockedoutpermanently’.
- ABD reboot.
Now your android mobile reboots and draw any pattern to the device and phone unlocks without reset option.
- Safe method for unlocking process.
- No guarantee in this technique.
- Works with only selected devices.
- Time consuming method.
- Tedious process involved in unlocking.
Methods 3) Using Android Device Manager/ Find My Device
In this approach, you need only a system/mobile with an internet connection. Type website. Then type the Google account you have already synced with the locked android phone. It shows the list of devices synced with your account. It shows three options namely play sound, lock, erase. Click the Lock Option from those three and a New Password screen appears. Now Reset the Password and unlock the android phone without resetting.
- Easy to perform.
- Less time-consuming technique.
- Available in only android versions 7.7 and lower.
- Only works with Google account.
Points to Remember:
- If you accidentally Press Erase, all data will get erased and you may not be able to locate the device again.
- Erase option cannot be reverted.
- If you use a Samsung android phone, visit; findmymobile.samsung.com and sign in with your Samsung account.
- Now you will find Lock my Screen Option click on it.
- Enter the New Pin and click Lock Option.
- Now your phone gets unlocked without resetting the android phone.
- But this option is available for only Samsung users who have a registered account in Samsung.
Methods 4) Using Backup PIN
We can perform this method by typing the PIN Several Times wrong and a popup box appears with message try after 30 seconds. Below the message box we can find a Backup PIN Button Click on it. Enter the Backup PIN and unlock the screen.
Methods 5) Using Safe Mode
We can use safe mode in our android phone only when the third-party app is installed. When you long-press the Power off Button, a pop-up appears with a message reboot to Safe Mode. Click OK. Third-party apps will get disabled when you perform reboot safe mode operation. It gives an option to Reset the Phone without Loss of Data.
- Easy to perform.
- No data loss.
- Clears temporary files.
- Works only if third party app is installed.
Methods 6) Using External Tool
We can use external third-party tools to unlock your android phone without resetting it. They use few mechanisms to solve the unlock codes to release the lock of your android phone without loss of data. It removes all types of locks such as Fingerprint, PIN, Pattern, and Password.
- Secure method.
- No data loss.
- Compatible with all devices.
- Installation process is easy.
- Guarantee for limited period.
- It can easily damage the device.
Methods 7) Using Smart Lock
The smart lock will not work only by entering a Google account. We have to use Smart Lock techniques to unlock the phone by various features namely on-body detection, trusted device/ voice/ face/ places recognition. This option will be available under the settings option.
Click Security and Location in settings and click the Smart Lock in it. On-body detection is that your android phone unlocks when the owner or user has their phone with them. A trusted place is that phone unlocks when it is a secured and registered place.
The trusted face is that the phone unlocks with face detection. Trusted voice is that phone gets unlocked by the user’s voice. A trusted device is that phone gets unlocked with the user’s car, Bluetooth devices, and fitness trackers.
- No data loss.
- Easy to perform.
- Fast to unlock.
- Available only with android version 5.0 and above.
Methods 8) Using Crash the Lock Screen Feature
We need to crash the lock screen to access other feature of the android phone. Click Emergency Button. Type 10 Asterisk Button, copy it and keep on pasting it until the paste option is visible. Repeating this process will crash the screen and let you use the other features. We can unlock without resetting by repeating the process.
- Does not need any specific performance tool.
- Not a proper technique.
- Available only in android version 5.0 5 – 5.1.1.
Methods 9) Using Custom Recovery
We need to install a small custom recovery process in your SD card. This process uses the usual mechanism to unlock the phone. Download “Pattern Password Disable” to PC/ Laptop and move it to your SD Card. Insert the card to the locked phone and restart the device. Now move the Zip Files to the SD card and Restart. Now you will be able to unlock your mobile without a factory reset.
It may ask Password or PIN or Pattern after unlocking you can enter any password to unlock the phone.
- Easy method to unlock without losing data.
- It will not work in mobile without SD slot.
- No guarantee.
Precautions to Avoid Future Hindrance in Unlocking:
- Take back up of your data periodically.
- Write your password, pattern or PIN in your personal dairy.
- Make sure you have a Google account and mobile company account for faster unlocking process.
- Make the password should be unique and easy to remember.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What Method Can Be Used to Unlock Forget Pattern?
Forgot pattern lock can be unlocked by Google account login and changing the password.
What Happens if I Click Erase in Find my Device Website Accidentally?
Your data in the mobile gets erased .We cannot stop the process while erase process is going on. All data gets deleted and we cannot locate the device after erase has performed.
What is the Method to Unlock Finger Print Lock?
We can use a professional tool for unlocking process. It can unlock the lock with certain unlocking mechanisms.
What is the Benefit of Using Third Party Software for Recovery?
It is more secure and fast method to unlock your android phone without data loss.
What is the Website Used to Track and Locate Android Mobiles?
Is the website used to find android mobile.
Can Anyone Reset the Lost Phone?
Yes, we can reset the lost or stolen phone by software performance tools.
Unlocking Software Tools Available in Internet for Android Phones?
Are some of the software tools used for unlocking android phones;
- iMyFone LockWiper.
- Tenorshare 4uKey.
We have provided all the finest ways to unlock your android mobile without a factory reset option. Analyze which method works for you to unlock your android phone without a factory reset. We should be aware of our data gets backup periodically to our system.
So it will not get any data loss of these unlocking issues. When all the possibilities fail, the only option left is to reset make sure that you back up the data in your android mobile. Remember your password is the best technique that has to be followed daily to avoid unnecessary circumstances of losing valuable data.