One of the most irritating things that can happen to you is that you will be unable to access your personal computer. If you are locked out of your computer, you will not be able to access any of its features or data. Someone aware of how to unlock the computer without password is the only one who can view the computer’s files.
There are a variety of approaches that you may take to unlock your computer and obtain access to the information stored on it. Some options involve putting software on your computer, while others allow you to unlock it without needing any further software to be installed.
Let’s look at some of the many options on how to unlock a computer without password.
How to Unlock Computer without Password – Easy Ways
1. Use Another Admin Account
People often create many admin user accounts on their computers, allowing them to do various tasks that normally need administrator credentials under various guises. As you would expect, many individuals have many admin user accounts, each with different administrative capabilities. If there is more than one admin account on your computer, you may utilise an open one to help you reset the password for the locked one.
Follow the procedures below to unlock your computer using another administrative account:
- One of the other administration accounts is available if you need to log in. Right-click “My Computer” and choose “Manage.” The process of deploying the software program Computer Management will commence.
- When the program window loads, choose Local Users and Groups from the menu on the left. Select “Set Password” from the context menu that appears when you right-click the locked account.
- Next, you’ll be sent to a screen where you may generate a new password for your chosen account. Once a new password has been selected, you may use the locked account to get back into the website. Next time you log in, all you have to do is enter the newly created password.
- If you’ve lost your password but have access to another account on the computer, you may use it to log in.
2. Created Password Reset Disk
If you were forewarned and made a Windows password reset CD before your computer locked up, you might use it to change your password. To use your computer again, you will need to reset the password.
Here’s how to use a password reset CD on your computer:
- To use the password reset disk, insert it into your computer and restart your system. If your computer requires a BIOS password, you may enter it by hitting the F12 key when requested.
- Finding and selecting the Reset password option when booting the password reset CD will get you started on the process of changing your existing password.
- On the next page, choose Next to continue with the reset wizard.
- The reset disk you wish to use will be one of many options. Click the Next button once you’ve chosen a disk.
- On the next page, you’ll be prompted to change your current password. After you’ve entered the new password you’d want to use for your account, click the Next button.
Now, everything is finished and finalised. You’ll need the new password you just made to log in to your account in the future. This is how a password reset CD works to restore access to a locked computer.
3. Professional PC Unlocker
If you’re having trouble unlocking your computer using the built-in options, there is professional software that will let you do it in a matter of clicks. You can now easily unlock your PCs and change your passwords with the help of Windows Password Key. It has numerous tools to assist you in regaining access to your computer.
If you’re interested, here are a few of the features:
- You may easily recover access to your account by making a Windows password reset USB.
- Microsoft account offline password unlocks.
- If you need access to the computer in your locker, you’ll need to create a new administrator account.
- Complete backward compatibility with Windows XP and forward compatibility with Windows Vista, Windows 7,8, 8.1, and 10.
To get access to your computer, the following is an example of how to utilise this useful tool, which has all of the functions as mentioned earlier:
- You may download the application from their website, and once you do, you can install it on any computer you can access. Launch Windows Password Key, choose the removable media, and then click the Burn button once you have inserted a blank CD, DVD, or USB flash drive into the computer.
- Insert the removable media into the locked computer, and then start the computer from the media. This will allow you to utilize the removable media. Please use the F12 key to do this.
- After the program has finished loading, you will be prompted to choose the Windows installation you wish to use, after which you can click the Next option.
- To delete your Windows password, go to the following page, choose the user account you want to use, and then click the box labeled Remove Windows Password.
That should clear everything up. Your computer is now locked, and you must delete the password to unlock it. Since you have successfully unlocked your computer, you are free to explore anything stored on it at your leisure.
4. Command Prompt to Reset Password
To get started, you’ll need to restart your computer into safe mode. Simply following the on-screen prompts will allow you to boot into safe mode.
- To restart Windows without entering a password, use the shift key while clicking Restart in the Shutdown menu. Your computer will need to restart, but you should see the Advanced Boot Options option once it does. Select the Troubleshoot menu item now.
- Select Advanced Options from the menu that appears after clicking the Troubleshoot button. Select Startup Settings from the list of Advanced Options.
- When the Startup Settings window pops up, choose the option to restart by clicking the button. Once the computer has restarted, it will show boot options menu. Select “Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt” from the menu that appears by hitting the F6 key or the number 6. After this is done, your computer will restart in safe mode.
- To get a list of all the active user accounts, type “net user” into the Command prompt and hit Enter.
- Choose the locked account in the Windows 10 command prompt, enter the new password, hit Enter, and retype the password again. If you have forgotten your password, here is how you may access your computer.
In today’s fast-paced world, forgetting passwords is a common issue. Luckily, how to unlock a locked computer without a password is feasible with a little technical know-how and experience, owing to various built-in utilities. Windows 10 users no longer need to enter a password or worry about losing data because of several innovative applications.