Samsung washer machines are known for their high-quality performance and ease of use. However, even the most reliable appliances can encounter some problems. One of the most common issues that people face is the problem of unlocking their Samsung washer machine. There can be many reasons why the machine may be locked, but the good news is that it is usually a simple fix.
In this post, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to unlock your Samsung washer machine.
- What Causes Samsung Washers Machine to Not Unlock
- How to Unlock Samsung Washer Machine – Unlocking Process
- How do you Reset a Samsung Washer Machine
- How to Open Samsung Washing Machine Door When Locked
- Don't Miss It:
- Frequently Asked Questions
What Causes Samsung Washers Machine to Not Unlock
It is a common question that people ask why their washers won’t unlock. Though it rarely happens to Samsung, it does happen sometimes. This challenge can be a result of many reasons;
Here are the most common causes:
- The machine has not completely drained.
- The Broken handle of the washer.
- The Door is Very Hot: After complete washing, the door may not open because it is very hot to avoid injuries. Wait for it to cool down.
- The Child Lock: Even though there is no washing in the machine, the child lock may prevent the door from opening.
- A Metallic Door Switch: Due to heating, if the switch on the front of the loading washing machine is metallic, the door will not open after washing.
How to Unlock Samsung Washer Machine – Unlocking Process
Step 1: Check the Child Lock Feature
One of the most common reasons why a Samsung washer machine may be locked is because the child lock feature has been activated. This feature is designed to prevent children from accidentally starting the machine or changing any of the settings. If this feature is on, you won’t be able to open the washer door until it is turned off. Here’s how to check if the child lock feature is on:
- Look for the child lock button on the control panel of your machine. It is usually labeled with a padlock or a key icon.
- Press and hold the child lock button for a few seconds until the light turns off.
- Try opening the washer door to see if it unlocks.
Step 2: Check for Error Codes
Another reason why your Samsung washer machine may be locked is because it has encountered an error. If this is the case, you will likely see an error code displayed on the machine’s control panel. Each error code corresponds to a different problem, so it’s important to identify the code in order to determine the appropriate solution. Here’s how to check for error codes:
- Look for the error code on the machine’s control panel. It is usually displayed as a number or a combination of letters and numbers.
- Check the user manual that came with your Samsung washer machine to identify the meaning of the error code.
- Follow the instructions in the user manual to fix the problem. This may involve unplugging the machine or resetting it.
Step 3: Check for Mechanical Issues
If neither of the above solutions work, there may be a mechanical issue with your Samsung washer machine. This could be caused by a jammed door or a broken latch. Here’s how to check for mechanical issues:
- Make sure the washer is turned off and unplugged from the power source.
- Check the door of the washer to see if it is jammed or stuck.
- Use a flashlight to inspect the latch to see if it is broken or damaged.
- If you identify any issues with the door or the latch, contact a professional repair service for assistance.
How do you Reset a Samsung Washer Machine
In the real sense, there is nothing like resetting a Samsung washer machine; what most people call resetting the washer is to power cycle it. Remove the machine from the power supply or switch off the power at the circuit breaker. You then wait about 5 minutes for the electrical charges in the washer to clear out. You then plug it back or turn on the power supply at the circuit breaker. However, resetting can only be used to resolve the minor issue.
In some cases, the problem can cause great malfunction, which requires troubleshooting.
Finding Problem with the Samsung Washer Machine Locking Issue
If the door of the Samsung washer machine won’t open, there is a problem with the drainage system. You have to manually drain the water for the door to open. To be able to drain the water manually, you have to open the hose and place a bucket or a sink near it.
If that manual drainage does not fix the problem, then the door is the problem. Unscrew the door’s top part, remove the dispenser, and release the lock from the inside. If the problem persists, replace the whole door.
How to Open Samsung Washing Machine Door When Locked
Suppose the machine spends more than 5 minutes without opening the door. In that case, you can apply the emergency boot by unplugging the machine for about half an hour. The system will reset. If the drum has remaining water, you can use the spin mode to get rid of it. Suppose the unlock is due to blockage of the water. In that case, you will have to drain the water manually using the emergency drainage at the bottom of the washer. You can also use the emergency string at the bottom to open the door. A slight pull of the string will automatically open the door.
Unlocking your Samsung washer machine doesn’t have to be a frustrating experience. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can quickly and easily unlock your machine and get back to doing your laundry. Remember to always consult the user manual and seek professional help if necessary to ensure the proper functioning of your machine.