Have you ever had difficulty transferring files from a phone to any device or vice versa? Maybe you want to obtain some photos from your computer straight right to your phone or you want to transfer some documents from your phone to your friend’s phone or computer. Well, connecting your device to another device is possible even though you do not have mobile hotspot data.
However, if you are on a tight budget and you want to save money, but at the same time, want to surf the Internet, you might want to try to use your phone without service or Wi-Fi. With the advancement of technology nowadays, it is now possible to play games with your friends by just connecting to a mobile hotspot data. Some games have multiplayer features in which your nearby friends can connect to your game, and you will all have a good time.
You can check out how to get a free smartphone online without a contract to find the best smartphone that fits your needs. Just like personal computer games in which you can play with your friends by making sure that you are connected on the same network even though you do not have an Internet connection, mobile phones are now capable of doing that as well.
If your goal is to just play games without the hassle of paying for monthly fees, you might want to check out the best free smartphones without a contract so you will not worry about monthly payments just the one time cash out. Nonetheless, the feature that you should always check out for when looking for a smartphone to be purchased is not only the good camera or the fast processor speed.
But also the mobile hotspot feature wherein you can start a Wi-Fi connection from which you can ask your friends to connect. Not only is this mobile hotspot beneficial for gaming, but it is also helpful whenever you want to transfer files from one device to another. Just remember that not all phones have mobile hotspot features, especially those that have contracts, so be on the lookout for those phones.
- What is Mobile Hotspot
- How Does Mobile Hotspot Work
- How to Use Mobile Hotspot without Using Data Plan
- How to Enable Hotspot on iPhone or Android or Windows Phone
- How to Transfer Files From One Computer to Another Device
- How to Play Multiplayer Game without Using WiFi Hotspot
- Don’t Miss It:
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is Mobile Hotspot
Some even experienced hard times connecting through the dial-up Internet yet getting very slow speed. This is the reason why technology developers created or developed mobile hotspot. By definition, a mobile hotspot is a wireless access point embedded in a phone’s hardware. This was termed “mobile” because phones are portable and can be brought anywhere. The mechanism of the mobile hotspot revolves around the process of converting cellular signals (i.e. GPRS, 3G, 4G. LTE. 5G) to Wi-Fi.
Therefore, once enabled, the mobile hotspot creates an area near it wherein other devices with Wi-Fi capability can connect from. In this present day, the mobile hotspot feature can now be used without even connecting to the internet. Some use a mobile hotspot to play games with nearby friends and transfer files to and from a device.
How Does Mobile Hotspot Work
A mobile hotspot is a feature on certain smartphones that allows you to use the phone’s cellular connection to connect to the internet through a Wi-Fi network. This functionality can be helpful in situations where you don’t have access to a Wi-Fi network or when you want to use your phone’s data plan more efficiently.
A mobile hotspot can also be useful for traveling, as it allows you to keep your phone connected even when you’re not near a Wi-Fi network. You can use it if your friend needs internet on his phone.
How to Use Mobile Hotspot without Using Data Plan
This is the section where we discuss how to solve the problem of multiple devices connected to your hotspot and using up all your data. This has become a very common problem since background apps can also use a lot of data to update themselves. Since the device connecting to your hotspot will use WiFi. PlayStore sees it as the perfect time to update all the apps.
To solve this problem we can use the feature on your device called “WiFi tethering”, this will allow you to use a Mobile hotspot without data. With the help of this, we can convert our phone into an internet router, and the good thing is you can also use an old phone for it.
If you have any old phone lying around useless then you can use it as a hotspot without wasting your precious data. Keep in mind that the old phone must support, the hotspot feature and come after the year 2010.
Here’s how you can use a mobile hotspot even without a using data;
- Turn on your phone and Open the “Settings” app.
- Tap on the “Wireless & Networks” option.
- Search for the “Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot” option.
- Tap on the button Next “Hotspot” to that option to “Turn it on”.
- Using a different device, Open the “Setting” look for the “Wi-Fi Access Point”, or simply “Turn on” the “Wi-Fi” to scan for any wireless networks nearby.
- Tap on the “Name” of the other device’s “Wireless Connection” and enter the “Password”.
The mobile hotspot feature in smartphones is very useful nowadays. During the old days, users needed to find cables just to connect a device to another (not to mention the difficulty in finding the perfect plug size that would fit into the port of the device a very time-consuming and money-wasting situation).
Before going over the ways of using the mobile hotspot feature without using mobile data, let us talk deeply about the reasons why people would use the mobile hotspot feature in that way. Then, under the reasons, the apps that use the mobile hotspot feature will be listed and explained.
NOTE: If you are using an older smartphone then the steps will vary but the general direction and settings name should be similar. Along with changing the hotspot’s name, you can also change the password to remove previously connected devices. Within the hotspot settings, you get the option to see how many devices are connected at any given time. You A can remove anyone if you want from the hotspot network.
How to Enable Hotspot on iPhone or Android or Windows Phone
Before enabling your mobile hotspot feature, know what type of phone you have or operating system your phone is using. Different operating systems have different ways on how to enable the mobile hotspot data feature. For all devices, the mobile hotspot feature can be located under the Settings.
- For Android phones: You can just tap the “Mobile Hotspot” button in your Notification Area the tab that “Slides Down” when you swipe your phone screen downwards from the top. An alternative ways for this is by opening the “Settings” and tapping the “Tethering” and “Mobile Hotspot” feature located near “Wi-Fi or Bluetooth” buttons.
- For iOS: The mobile hotspot was named Personal Hotspot and it can be located once you open the “Settings” and tapping the “Cellular tab”. Unfortunately, there is no other way you can “Enable” the “Mobile Hotspot” in iOS other than going to the “Settings” option.
- For Windows phones: The mobile feature can be “Enabled” by going to “Internet Sharing” under the “Settings” and tapping “Share Over Wi-Fi”. These methods will instantly turn your phones into mobile or portable hotspots.
How to Transfer Files From One Computer to Another Device
When you are in desperate need of transferring or sharing files to other devices, you might need to use your smartphone’s mobile hotspot feature to make it happen. Finding a cable is very tedious most especially if your phone and your target device are different. You might have thought of using an external drive to get the files from your phone or device and transfer it to another device using a computer that takes too much time!
Well, worry no more because these apps can turn your impossibilities into possibilities. Developers have created these apps to provide ease and convenience whenever someone needs to transfer files (i.e. photos, songs, videos, documents).
This is indeed one of the most famous apps in Android and iOS because it caters to the needs of people who are having a hard time transferring or sharing files. This app was introduced by Lenovo. However, since it has become very famous, ads started to dominate the app. Nonetheless, it is a beneficial app.
- Fast transfer rate (up to 20MB/s).
- All types of files can be shared without hassle.
- Free to instal.
- Has instructions that walk you through the use of the features.
- Contains some ads.
This app has already made its name by offering file transfer via mobile hotspot without using any data. This app boasts its smartphone replication wherein the contact numbers, messages, and other files can be transferred from your old to your new phone.
- Supports Android, iOS, Tizen, Windows, and Mac OS.
- No limitation in the file size to be sent.
How to Play Multiplayer Game without Using WiFi Hotspot
Perhaps you have already wondered if the world were so perfect that you get to play mobile games with your friends so that you could hang out with them rather than letting them watch you play games by yourself. Well, game developers have created games with multiplayer features in which users can connect with each other under a common mobile hotspot.
You will not be needing an internet connection for that, which can save you a lot of money. Plus, you get to play with your friends. Various operating systems (i.e. Android, iOS) have different games that use the mobile hotspot feature so you and your friends can connect and play. Since there are many apps available, listed below are some top apps from each operating system.
1. Mini Militia – Doodle Army 2
This android game is about shooting and survival and was based on the original game titled “Doodle Army”. The developers have included multiplayer options so that 6 to 12 players can play all together using a local hotspot.
- 6 to 12 players can play all together via a local hotspot.
- Can be played with or without the internet.
- Freebase game.
- Various weapons are also free.
- Contains ads.
- May require the purchase of in-app weapons to enjoy the game to the fullest.
2. NBA Jam
This Android game was created by EA Sports and can be played with your friends via local Wi-Fi hotspot or Bluetooth. This game boasts 4 modes of playing that you can choose from classic campaign to local or online multiplayer. However, this game is not compatible with all of the devices.
- Has 4 modes of playing.
- Has multiplayer features.
- No payment when installing for the first time.
- Plays ads from time to time.
- Some features need payment to be activated or used.
3. Fruit Ninja HD
This iOS game is all about slicing fruits. This is a free game that can be downloaded from the App Store. It also has different game modes from Classic to Zen mode. It also offers a multiplayer feature where you can fight against your friends and crawl up to the top of the leaderboards.
- Rewards for everyday login.
- Has multiplayer features to establish challenge among your friends.
4. Worms 2: Armageddon
This famous iOS game is about the battle of worms that have different weapons. This game is also available to be played on iPods. Various game modes are also featured, and you can play with 3 other friends using its multiplayer feature.
- Up to 30 missions available for single-player mode.
- Can be played offline or online using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
Mobile hotspot data is a free feature of smartphones nowadays. This technology not only shares Internet connection but also files (i.e. photos, videos, documents) using file-sharing or transferring apps from Android Play Store and iOS App Store that can be downloaded and installed without any fees. Additionally, a mobile hotspot can also be used as a bridge in playing together with your friends via the multiplayer option in the games available also for Android, iOS, and other operating systems.
Don’t Miss It:
- 16 Best Mobile Hotspot Plans with Unlimited Data
- How To Use Your Phone Without Service Or WiFi – Easy Methods
- How to Get a Free Smartphone Online – Easy Ways
- The Best Free Smartphones Without Contract
- Type in Phone Number and Find Location for Free of Charge
- How to Get Free Internet on Android without Service