In this 21st century is it possible to survive without an internet connection? Isn’t it strange that earlier 1 GB data used to be enough for the whole month but now 1 GB data easily gets exhausted in 24 hrs? This growing demand for Internet usage has led to the evolution of phone plans with unlimited data. But with the growth of so many companies offering a variety of unlimited data plans, it becomes very important to figure out who is providing the best phone plans for unlimited data.
Initially, the unlimited data plan war was limited among the four companies namely. AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint. Each one of these is striving continuously to outdo the rest of the plans in terms of cost and benefits. With each passing day, these companies tend to revise their plans in order to enhance them and hence to include them in the category of best unlimited high-speed data plan.
For a normal individual, it’s very exhausting to keep a track of these ever-changing unlimited data plans, that’s why we are here to help you in choosing the best mobile phone plans with unlimited data. But before we start with the top companies providing the best cell data plan, there is an important question that needs to be answered. Are these unlimited data plans really unlimited? Well, unlimited data is similar to a bottomless cup of coffee. At some or the other point, your speed will be cut off.
So, it’s very important to understand the minute details before you opt for an unlimited data plan. Here is the list of 10 companies providing best-unlimited data plans with the specifications.
10 Best Phone Plans With Unlimited Data In 2022
In case of getting the best performance, no one comes closer to Verizon. It can be the most expensive one, but it is the most Verizon high-speed data plan you can get.
- Customers can collaborate.
- A widely accessible data plan.
- Its 5G network is too fast.
- One can even get full coverage in public places.
- If it does not throttle, its data allowance is really good.
- You can find its stores in any place.
- It is one of the most expensive data plans.
- Verizon less expensive data plans can deprioritize data, in the peak hour.
- Customer service is not up to the mark.
This company finished third in download data speeds, AT&T has risen another step ahead and became the fastest in download data speeds.
- It is the second-biggest wireless carrier in the US.
- Unlimited communication across more than 120 countries.
- Its speed is constant even in peak hours.
- One of the fastest data download speeds.
- Its coverage is one of the strongest.
- Its less costly plans deprioritized data less than other companies.
- Data plans are costly.
- Its hotspot distributions are not the best ones.
T-Mobile has two plans named Magenta and Magenta Plus plans. It provides the best international packages.
- Endless international texts to 210+ countries.
- Customers having a 5G capable device, can access easily 5G networks.
- Military personnel gets discounts.
- Customers can also get free in-flight texting.
- Its coverage is really solid.
- T-mobile has one of the best-unlimited schemes.
- T-mobile international packages are very good.
- It also gives free Netflix subscriptions on multi-line plans.
- Data plans of T-mobile can be comparatively very costly.
- It lacks in covering rural areas properly.
- Advertisement of the data plans can become very irritating.
Sprint is by far the most inexpensive unlimited provider of the big four, having the third most dependable service and fastest speeds.
- It has four unlimited data plans.
- Within the Unlimited Premium plan, customers will get 100 GB of unthrottled data.
- Customers can get higher streaming quality, service subscriptions, and other benefits.
- Customers can get free subscriptions to Hulu, Tidal, Lookout, and Amazon Prime.
- This company has a high data deprioritization thresholds.
- Sprint data plan provides get international perks.
- Its network weakest of the big four in covering areas.
- Sprint provides no all-in pricing.
- customer service has a lot to improve.
5) Visible Wireless
Visible wireless is actually a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO). It offers prepaid plans to the customers, using the Verizon network.
- Customers receive the benefits of the Verizon premium network with less cost.
- It is one of the best-prepaid providers.
- Customers can get an unlimited data plan for four people for $25.
- People can mostly use Verizon run network with less cost.
- This company will not throttle the data in case of overuse.
- You can split your phone bills other co-users.
- It is an MVNO. So data can be deprioritized.
- If the customer uses the least expensive plan, the networks will breakdown.
6) Boost Mobile
The Boost Mobile is a prepaid service provider like visible wireless, using the Sprint network. Boost mobile main target audience is the young generation.
- It has a Prepaid Premium Plan including higher minute and messages bundles.
- Boost mobile plans charge 10 cents per minute for all calls made.
- All plans of Boost mobile have web access for 35 cents a day.
- Customers need to recharge every 90 days.
- Boost Mobile subscribers can call a toll-free number or contact them via .email when they need customer service.
- The plans are very reasonable.
- Their international perks are good.
- Customers can use Pay as you Go plan.
- The coverage of Boost Mobile is inadequate.
- Boost Mobile plans are only applicable in iOS and Android devices.
Teltik was formerly known as Harbor Mobile, is an MVNO with a twist. Despite being an MVNO, Teltik also provides some postpaid plans.
- It covers the whole nation with the T-Mobile network.
- International calls are available in this plan.
- Teltik Plans include international roaming on special request.
- It provides 24-hour US-based consumer support.
- Its price is competitive.
- Customers get unlimited talk and text opportunities.
- It also provides unlimited music and video streaming.
- Teltik gives several mobile hotspot options.
- Rollover data is available in this plan.
- Data can be deprioritized.
- You can buy a limited number of phones.
- An overwhelming and cluttered website.
8) Simple Mobile
A Simple mobile uses the network of T-Mobile. Simple mobile does not have any retail store so a SIM card has to be purchased via mail. they offer multiple prepaid plans for unlimited high-speed internet.
- Simple mobiles can be activated after giving the PIN.
- The app provides an option to add 1.5G of data for $10.
- This plan is Non-contract.
- Customers can have savings for choosing auto-renewal.
- The network is dependable.
- It provides affordable single line and family plans.
- Customers can keep their old phone & number.
- Sometimes the plans are not truly unlimited.
- SMS messaging can be questionable.
- The app can be glitchy at times.
- The customer service is not always effective.
9) Virgin Mobile
Virgin Mobile operates via Sprint network, so the coverage and speeds are similar.
- Customers can either build their own plan or pick one the mobile built for them.
- Customers can keep their number or select a new one.
- Virgin mobile takes online orders of SIM and gives free delivery.
- You can pay without contact using credit, debit card, or Apple Pay.
- 24/7 chat opportunity with customer care.
- Unlimited Local Minutes.
- International minutes are available.
- You can get member benefits & discounts.
- Streaming and gaming quality is insufficient.
- This plan does not provide any family plans.
- This plan is applicable for BYO iPhones only.
10) Cricket Wireless
Cricket Wireless is a prepaid MVNO that operates via the AT&T network.
- Cricket limits speeds on their unlimited plans.
- Cricket $55 plan has a limitation on video streaming.
- The cricket plan needs an advance $9.99 payment.
- All plans are affordable.
- Cricket coverage is superb.
- Customers do not need to give extra tax or fee.
- Cricket plans do not need any credit check to shift from another transmitter.
- No long-term commitments are needed.
- Some of Cricket unlimited plans lessen data speed.
- Customer service of Cricket is not as impersonal as other MVNO.
- You have to select a limited number of phones.
Benefits of Opting for Phone Plans With Unlimited Data
- Costs Less: If you are an ardent user of the Internet then phone plans unlimited data can definitely turn out to be cost-effective. Because instead of buying extra data after the data of your restricted plan gets over can cost you much more than the unlimited plans.
- Attractive Perks: This is a great advantage when you opt for phone plans with unlimited data. Due to the growing competition, companies tend to offer some attractive perks like free subscriptions to trendy platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Lookout, Tidal, Amazon Prime, etc.
- 5G Access: If you have a 5G compatible phone, then the unlimited data plans coming with 5G access can help you in utilizing your smartphone to the fullest. Obviously, 5G will give you far better speed than 4G.
- No Stress of Data Getting Over: If you are a person who likes streaming HD videos then your restricted data plans must be stressing you. But these cell phone plans with unlimited data is the solution to your problem. Now you can easily stream HD videos without the tension of your data getting over.
- Say No to Individual Data Packs: Are you fed from recharging the individual phones of each of your family members? Then unlimited data plans can be the best alternative. Because with a single connection every member can use the data.
Factors to Consider When Choosing an Phone Plans with Unlimited Data
- Price: This is the fundamental criteria every individual looks at when searching for unlimited data plans. There are plenty of plans out there with varying prices. But you need to compare the prices and look for the plan which fits your requirement as well as your budget.
- Free Stuff: If there is an option to get something for free then why to leave it? To deal with the competition of phone plans unlimited data, several companies are offering free access and subscription to platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon prime, etc. If you go to buy these subscriptions individually it can be very costly, so look for plans which offer these subscriptions.
- Coverage and Reliability: An unlimited data plan can turn out to be useless if it has bad coverage. I mean what would you do with a slow unlimited plan? So, testing the speed and connectivity of the company’s unlimited data plan is very essential.
- Deprioritization: Deprioritization is basically the slowing down of your data speed when a particular site is “Congested”. Most of the expensive data plans don’t start deprioritization if you haven’t reached their fixed limit. For example, T-Mobile and Sprint don’t do deprioritization until you reach 50 GB in a single month. So, this factor also needs to be considered.
- Reviews: Checking the online reviews of the particular company and its unlimited plan can always turn out to be very helpful in choosing the best-unlimited data plan.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Which are the top companies providing unlimited data plans in the USA?
Unlimited data plans are readily available in leading companies like Verizon Wireless, T Mobile, Sprint, and AT&T. They offer several packs that can be chosen as per the requirement.
Which company provides a cheaper unlimited data plan, AT&T, or Verizon?
AT&T is a little cheaper as compared to Verizon internet for low-income families in terms of pricing. However, it’s very important to consider the overall value for money. Both of these carriers offer additional perks like entertainment and mobile hotspot advantages, which you should compare before deciding the cheaper one.
Which carrier is best in terms of wireless coverage?
Undoubtedly, Verizon provides the best 4G LTE network with 70% nationwide coverage. AT&T holds the second position with 68% coverage followed by T-Mobile with 62% and Sprint at the 4th position with 30%. The robust network coverage of Verizon makes it the winner.
Are the Unlimited Cell Data plans of the USA really unlimited?
Well, they are indeed unlimited but the truth is that after reaching a limit fixed by them, your data speed eventually slows down.
Is it a good idea to switch to Verizon from T-Mobile?
It totally depends on your need. Verizon is indeed an expensive carrier than T-Mobile, but their services are definitely worth the amount you pay. It has been ranked no. 1 in terms of coverage so if your budget allows, then you must switch to Verizon.
It is actually wonderful to opt for unlimited data plans from any of the major US carriers. But a comparison in terms of costs and features helps you in knowing it thoroughly. There is no limit to luxuries, but before opting for the unlimited plans, you must have a look at your requirement. There’s absolutely no need to opt for an unlimited plan if your limited data plan is enough for you.