Replace assurance wireless phone, Assurance Wireless is a free government cell phone company in the United States, owned by Virgin Mobile. It is among the leading telecommunication companies in the US and it is part of the Lifeline Assistance Program Service that provides low income earners with phone services at zero or low cost.
This service operates in 40 US states and Columbia, and all eligible Assurance Wireless subscribers benefit from services like 350 voice minutes, a free android smartphone, monthly data bundle and unlimited text bundles free of charge.
The Assurance Wireless free phone is distributed to only one person per household and it is only available to people who are qualified based on certain federal and state eligibility criteria. Eligibility for this Lifeline Program service can be gotten through certain public assistance programs like Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, Supplemental Security Income, etc.
In an occasion where your assurance wireless phone is lost, stolen or irreparably broken, you can request for a free replacement by first contacting Assurance Wireless customer care. You can get your free phone replacement online afterwards by logging in to; mobile.virginmedia website and completing the necessary forms and requirements.
- How to Replace Assurance Wireless Phone – Quick and Easy Ways
- How to Activate Assurance Wireless Replacement Phone
- How to Apply for Assurance Wireless Free Phone
- The Best Assurance Wireless Cell Phone Plans Available
- Don't Miss It:
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to Replace Assurance Wireless Phone – Quick and Easy Ways
You might find yourself in a situation where your Assurance Wireless phone is stolen, lost, or broken. Other reasons like needing a newer model or an important feature breaking down in your phone might urge you to change a new phone.
Since it’s almost impossible nowadays to live our lives without our cell phones, the need to replace a lost/stolen phone is great.
Immediate action is advised after losing your Assurance Wireless phone to ensure that no one is able to use your remaining balance.
1) Contact Assurance Wireless Customer Service
- The first step you need to take after your phone is lost/stolen is reporting the case to the Assurance Wireless customer service by contacting them through phone at 1-888-321-5880 and asking them to hold your service.
- The customer care service will then suspend your service upon receiving your lost/stolen phone report. This will prevent anyone from using your remaining balance through your phone.
- Afterwards, the customer service will guide you through the replacement process.
You will be able to get a phone replacement free of charge if there’s remaining balance leftover from your lost/stolen phone. If not, Assurance Wireless will ship a replacement phone to you at very low cost based on the replacement offer.
2) Assurance Wireless Phone Replacement Online
You can also file for Assurance Wireless phone replacement online through Virgin Mobile website.
- Log into Virgin Mobile Website; mobile.virginmedia
- Complete the application form provided with all the necessary information and input your zip code as well.
- The completed form can then be sent to Assurance Wireless through fax or email.
3) Assurance Wireless One-Year Warranty
In a situation where your phone is not lost/stolen but broken, your Assurance Wireless one-year warranty might come in handy. You are eligible for a one-year warranty from the original manufacturer.
All you need to do after encountering a system malfunction is contacting the customer service at 1-888-321-5880 to request for a replacement with a similar phone.
- Free replacement phone.
- Retrieval of previous account balance.
- Little to low shipping fee.
- Tedious process.
- No details on replacement phone.
- Activation required.
It is important to note that the Assurance Wireless replacement phones can be either new or refurbished, and might not be a replica of your previous device.
You also need to activate your Assurance Wireless replacement phone after you’ve received it in order to transfer previous phone number, account balance and residual credits to your new phone.
How to Activate Assurance Wireless Replacement Phone
After getting your new assurance wireless replacement phone, you need to undergo the activation process which can be done by following the following steps described below.
- Switch on your device by pressing and holding the power button.
- You will need to turn on hands-free activation to connect the phone to the Assurance network.
- The replacement phone will search for any new updates available.
- The phone will reboot and will prompt you to set up your device. You have the skip this step and move on to the next one.
- Dial 611 and follow the instruction prompts.
- You will then be asked to submit your Assurance Wireless Account PIN which can be found at the top of your Assurance Wireless approval letter.
The activation is successful when your previous phone number and your account balance is transferred to the new device.
To report any difficulties during the activation process, contact 1-888-321-5880 through another Assurance Wireless device.
How to Apply for Assurance Wireless Free Phone
To qualify for Assurance Wireless Service, there are certain federal and state government criteria that need to be fulfilled. If you participate in several government-aided programs or your total household income falls below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines, you are considered eligible for Assurance Wireless free phone.
The government-aided programs mentioned earlier include Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)/ Food Stamp, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Medicaid, Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit Program, Federal Public Housing Assistance, etc.
Eligible individuals can then apply for the Assurance Wireless free phone by downloading an application form the company’s website or contacting 1-888-321-5880 to get an application form mailed to you. You will be required to provide documents like proof of income, a government-aided program certificate of participation, social security number, and your last income tax return.
You may also be required to present documents that can provide your identity, address, and age (such as your passport, state ID, or another government-issued ID, your driver’s license, etc.) This is to ensure that the provide is able to verify your identity.
If your application is approved and signed, you will be able to get an Assurance Wireless free phone with free voice credits, unlimited text plan, and monthly data bundle.
- Completely free cell phone.
- Nationwide coverage.
- Free emergency calls.
- Discount phone pricing.
- Low budget phones.
- Data throttling.
- No ‘bring-your own phone’ (BYOP) program.
- Only one account per household.
The Best Assurance Wireless Cell Phone Plans Available
The available Assurance Wireless plans available for eligible participants are the permanent Lifeline plan and the temporary EBB plan for households affected by COVID-19 pandemic.
Permanent Lifeline plan includes:
- Free unlimited text plan
- Free monthly voice minutes
- Free monthly data bundle
- Free Android smartphone
Temporary EBB plan includes:
- Free unlimited voice minutes
- Free unlimited text plan
- Free 10 GB hotspot data bundle
- Free Android smartphone
Assurance Wireless is among the biggest lifeline providers that has a wide user connectivity and offers strong coverage to all the states in the United States, plus Columbia.
Assurance Wireless aids households with low income by providing them with constant phone service connectivity that a free Android phone offers unlimited data, text and voice bundles that will keep individuals connected at all times.
With a network that is supported by T-Mobile towers, the Assurance Wireless network is reliable and stable for both uploads and downloads.
Assurance Wireless network provides its users with the chance to acquire a replacement phone in case the android phone provided to you by the company gets lost/stolen or irreparably broken through accessible customer service and online portal.
Don’t Miss It:
- Is It Possible To Assurance Wireless Unlimited Data Hack
- 10 Best Assurance Wireless Upgrade Phone
- How To QLink Wireless Phone Replacement – Easy Ways
- How To Safelink Broken Phone Replacement – Easy Ways