Today, a lot of people are greatly concerned about their lifestyles and living standards and they do their best to do the best they can while maintaining in-house hygiene. Talking in general, if you commonly keep catching different allergies and they really make themselves a pain in the neck for you while being miserable at most times, and you live in an area with a humid climate and weather conditions then these allergies can be triggered by many things that might include dust, mites, mildew, and mold.
Because these allergies thrive in humidity and promote the growth you mold in your living space that can create a lot of questions over your personal space hygiene and your health concerns.
Why do I Need a Humidifier?
So, if you are inclined to lose this humidity from your living space then owning a dehumidifier can help you in ways more than one. As they reduce the humidity level, they make your house less prone to allergens like dust, mites, and mold. They do not disturb you since they work really quietly in the background without letting anyone notice.
They also tend to reduce the bad smells and odors that arise from the rotting molds and musty mildews. Since, they reduce the humidity levels from your surroundings so there is a lesser chance of growing mold and mildew over your clothes, furniture, linen, bedsheets, and curtains. An environment with lesser humidity means your cereals, foods, and fruits will stay fresher for a longer time and your devices will stay safe from corrosion including electronics. Also, it helps to reduce the dust in the air which clearly means you are not going to have repeated cleaning sessions quite often. With all these benefits you really can’t ignore what a dehumidifier has to offer if you are serious about the health concerns related to you and your family.
What Size Dehumidifier Do I Need in 2020 | Top 10 Best
Mostly when comes to the question that How big of a Dehumidifier do you really need? then we can end the conversation by saying that It mainly depends upon the space and the size of the surrounding where you want to use this dehumidifier and secondly it depends upon the humidity level of the surrounding. There are different sizes that can handle different types of homes and rooms depending upon the coverage area. For example, for a single room, you will need a small capacity room while larger ones are also available based upon your priorities and needs.
These dehumidifiers or also known as air purifiers have many sizes which are usually measured in pints. So a dehumidifier which is of size 30 pints is capable of removing 30 pints of water from the air within 24 hours of run-time. Similarly, the machines with larger capacity are capable of removing larger amounts of water. A dehumidifier’s capacity loosely gives you an estimate about what space will it cover which is usually considered in square feet. So if you have information about what is the area of your house, room or basement then you can easily have a loose idea of how big of a dehumidifier do I need?
Why Trust Our Review?
So, considering all the factors in the above list we have created this list from the best small dehumidifiers to large ones based on the reviews from a large number of users and the performance of these machines. So, by our review you can get a pretty good idea about some of the best dehumidifiers in the market and what do you need exactly. So, you are the judge.
Recommended Post For You
- The 10 Best Free Spy Apps For Android Without Target Phone
- Top 5 Best Carpet Cleaner For Old Pet Urine Of 2019 Reviews Guides
- The 10 Best Vacuum Cleaner For Pets In 2019 Review
1. Frigidaire FFAD7033R1
To save you from excess humidity causing mold and mildew, one of the most trusted and top-rated dehumidifier is Frigidaire FFAD7033R1. It helps in removing the annoying and health-damaging bacteria from the air that are capable of making breathing a difficult job. This is a 70-pint dehumidifier which means it can easily remove 70 pints of water from the air. And It can work really efficiently when it is mounted near a proper functional drain, continuously without any pause or break.
It has Ready-Select controls with a Digital Humidity Readout along with a control lock and 24 hours on/off timer controls. Its effortless humidity control allows you to control the exact percentage of humidity in your space or home, as per what suits you. Its design has a top handle, side handles and caster wheels that make it easy to move it from one room to the other thus is quite portable.
- Dehumidifier dimensions: 24-7/16” D x 11-9/16” W x 15-1/16” H
- Your purchase includes One Frigidaire 70-Pint Dehumidifier & Owner's Manual
- Energy Star 70 pints per day dehumidifier protects your home from mold and mildew caused by excess moisture
- Helps eliminate bacteria in the air that can make breathing difficult, with a low temperature operation that saves energy and money
- Noise Level (Highest): 51 dB. Amps (Cool): 4.8. Uses standard 115V electrical outlet. Motor RPM (High): 1130
2. HOmeLabs 70-pint Dehumidifier
HomeLabs is well-known for making thoughtful, user-friendly, approachable, and mindful devices that are in real-time capable of effecting people’s lifestyles positively. So this dehumidifier from home labs is one of the best and most appreciated machines out there in the market. This 70-pint dehumidifier is best for use in larger areas of up to 4500 sq. ft. This is their largest model which can remove 70-pint of water within its 24-hours cycle depending upon the conditions and the size of the room. It’s fully functional in even the dampest or wet places.
It has a sleek and clean look that differs from others as it is purposefully designed for modern and stylish rooms. It’s highly convenient with its built-in wheels and handles and a quiet fan that won’t even let you feel its own existence through the run. Without being very complicated to use, it can be adjusted easily according to your favorite humidity levels. Capable of running for 24 hours non-stop you don’t need to check on it again and again while it automatically shuts itself when the tank gets full.
- 4,500 SQ FT LARGE DEHUMIDIFIER - Our 15.4 x 11 x 24.3 inches dehumidifier with 1.8 gallon water tank capacity removes up to 50 pints (70 Pint 2012 DOE Standard) from the air per day depending on moisture condition and the size of your room. This is our largest, most capable model ideal for large rooms up to 4,500 square feet and/or very wet spaces.
- DESIGNED FOR THE MODERN HOME - That most dehumidifiers are clunky eyesores is news to nobody. We designed with the modern consumer in mind: a sleek clean look, convenient built-in wheels and handles, and a quiet fan that won’t drown out your current binge-watching obsession. Durability is key, too, which is why we offer a 2-year warranty, plus an extra 6 months if you register on our website.
- SUPER EASY TO USE - Dehumidifiers don’t need to be complicated, so ours isn’t. Adjust to your ideal moisture setting, then let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full, at which point it will automatically shut-off. Don’t got time for that? There’s also a drain hose outlet for continuous draining. The hose is not included; we recommend a ⅝” diameter garden hose with an internal threaded end, and optionally Teflon tape for extra security.
- ELIMINATES MOISTNESS & ODOR - Moist is a bad word. Our portable dehumidifier reduces odors and moisture through its built-in pump compressor. It also features a Turbo mode that increases fan speed from Normal Air CFM 165 (cubic feet per minute) to High Air CFM 188 for maximum moisture removal and odor reduction.
- YOUR SATISFACTION IS OUR PRIORITY - hOmeLabs offers a 2-year warranty and free return or exchange within 30 days of order receipt. We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you experience any issues, please contact us or any of our authorized sellers directly, and we will do everything we can to make things right!
3. Whynter ARC-14S
ARC-14S is and Award-winning machine as “Best housekeeping of 2019” along with the pride of having the Highest score in consumer reports. This Top of the line Dehumidifier also works as an Air Conditioner and can drop the temperature of a room quicker than any other portable device. Being powerful, Versatile, and portable are its main design goals.
It has three working modes: Air Conditioner, Fan, and Dehumidifier. The dual hose air conditioner is the best remedy to keep small rooms, offices, server rooms, and bedrooms cool. It possesses auto drain technology which is used to recycle the moisture to cool the air thus the dual-hose feature provides fast cooling.
- Award Winning: 1. Good Housekeeping's "2020 Best Overall" and "can cool down a room faster than other portable units" 2. Consumer Report's 2020 Highest Score; UL listed
- Dual hose operation; Cools up to a 500 square feet space(ambient temperature and humidity may influence optimum performance); Dehumidifying capacity: 71 pints per day; Air Flow (at high speed): 430 m3/h / 253 CFM; 3 fan speeds
- Three operational modes: Air conditioner, dehumidifier or fan; Cooling capacity 14000 BTU (ASHRAE-128 Standard) / 9500 BTU (DOE+ 2017 Standard); Maximum power consumption: 1300 W / 11.6 A
- Full thermostatic control (61°F - 89°F) with digital readout, 24 hour programmable timer; Eco-friendly CFC free green R-32 refrigerant; Patented auto drain function fully exhausts all condensate automatically in most environments
- Includes complete set window kit, remote control, activated carbon air filter, washable pre-filter, user manual and storage bag; Casters for easy mobility
- Extendable exhaust hose (up to 60″); Window kit dimension: 6.5″ W x 20″ L (minimum), 46″ (maximum); Unit dimensions: 19″ W x 16″ D x 35.5″ H
4. Honeywell Air Conditioner
It is another best in quality Dehumidifier and an air conditioner that is manufactured by Honeywell. This small dehumidifier is ideal for small rooms ranging from 350 – 400 square feet. It’s a highly durable machine that is powerful and sleek too at the same time. Its automatic vertical wind motion helps to spread the cool air evenly for consistent cooling. Dual filter design helps to protect it from air dust and hairs that increased the product life making it dependable.
Easy to clean filters really ease up the effort to maintain the performance. It has digital display and controls that can be further manipulated and adjusted via the help of a remote, adds up to the comfort of this device. Another great feature of this product is Stress-free evaporation, which means you don’t have to worry about cleaning the water bucket when it’s working in areas with moderate humidity.
5. Honeywell MO08CESWK
Honeywell’s MO08CESWK is a portable Air conditioner and a Dehumidifier that is not a bad choice based on its features and working capabilities. This dehumidifier is an impressive product for working in medium to small rooms and basements with areas of up to 350 square feet. Its compact design makes it really good looking and aids to give powerful airflow. Easy to install and work with any considerable sound.
The dehumidifier is capable of working at 44-pints/24 of capacity. For long unattended operation, it comes with a feature of auto-evaporation. It has a digital display that is controllable through a remote. It also comes with a flexible exhaust hose and a window-venting panel to get it set up and running quickly. At the end of the season, simply roll the AC into a storage room until next time you need it.
- Enjoy Powerful air flow in a Compact Air Conditioning Unit.
- Cools rooms up to 250 square feet Auto-evaporation, quiet operation, quick installation.
- Washable filter and filter change alert for easy maintenance.
- Built in dehumidifier removes up to 44 pints/24 hours with continuous drain option for longer unattended operation.
- Enjoy the simplicity and comfort of digital controls - 2 speeds, smart digital humidistat, 24 hour energy saving timer and remote control with digital display 10000 BTU (ASHRAE-128 Standard) / 5500 BTU (DOE+ 2017 Standard)
6. Vremi 30 pint
Vermi 30-pint is an ideal product for enhancing your dehumidifying experience up a notch. Since this product can perform exceptionally well for areas that are under 2000 square feet. This means I can remove up to 4 gallons of water from the air in just 24 hours from a considerably vast room from medium to large in size. It is energy efficient as rated by energy star as is most ideal for quickly absorbing humidity from your room.
Its side holds make it convenient for changing its position and other the hand, style is quite sleek and stylish. It has a very quiet fan that can do its job without you noticing any sign of sound.
- 1,500 SQ FT MEDIUM ROOM DEHUMIDIFIER - Our dehumidifier removes up to 22 pints (30 Pint 2012 DOE Standard) from the air per day. This Energy Star certified dehumidifier is fit to quickly and effectively absorb moisture with minimal energy consumption in medium to large rooms
- DESIGNED WITH YOU IN MIND - We designed the Moisture Maniac with convenience and style in mind. This dehumidifier sports a sleek, clean look with convenient built-in wheels and handles as well as a quiet fan that will do its job without you hearing it
- REAL EASY TO USE - It's a dehumidifier, not a rocket ship and our design reflects that. Simply adjust to your ideal moisture setting, let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full, where it'll then shut-off automatically. For added convenience, there’s also a drain hose outlet for continuous draining (NOTE: hose not included)
- Eliminates Moistness and Odor - Our portable dehumidifier features a Turbo mode that increases fan speed for maximum moisture removal. This product effectively reduces humidity and maintains a level of dryer air that can help you feel more comfortable.
- Important Info - Dehumidifiers emit heat when in use (that’s how they work) and is intended for any indoor space up to 1500 SQ FT. It measures 16.1 x 10.4 x 19.9 inches, has a 3 liter (0.8 gallons) water tank capacity, and removes up to 3 gallons (22 pints) of moisture from the air per day
- Material Type: Plastic
7. HomeLabs 14000 BTU Air Conditioner
Another excellent choice is HomeLab 14000 Btu air conditioner that comes with in-built dehumidifier functions. It is a quiet, energy-efficient and portable Air Conditioner that is perfect for small rooms with area ranging from 550 to 700 square feet. Very easy to install and store as it comes with roller wheels so that it can be easily moved from one place to the other.
Unlike the other dehumidifiers that tend to release heat in the room this dehumidifier expels the heat from the exhaust hose while it still causes the room temperature to decrease. Washable filter reduces its maintenance cost and effort greatly. The intuitive remote control and digital display are there for your ease of use and user-friendliness.
- PORTABLE, QUIET ENERGY-EFFICIENT AIR CONDITIONER - Experience a cool and relaxing day at home with the hOmelabs portable air conditioner. It cools quietly and is perfect for 450 to 600 square feet room with horizontal window opening. Equipped with an automatic vertical swing function that evenly distributes airflow throughout the room
- EASY TO INSTALL, NO HEAVY WINDOW UNIT TO LIFT - Our portable AC measures 17.9 x 15 x 30.7 inches and has wheels so it can be easily moved to any room that has a window accessible. Simply attach the hose and the window slide adapter, plug in the power supply and you’re good to go. Most customers are able to install in 8 minutes or less. At the end of a season or when you don’t need it, simply unhook the unit and store in your closet, basement or garage
- WASHABLE AIR FILTER AND REMOTE CONTROL - Keep your air clean and your portable AC running efficiently with the included washable filter. The filter indicator light will illuminate to remind you when to clean the air filter. We recommend you clean the filter approximately once every two weeks. The unit also comes with a remote control to quickly set your desired temperature, fan speed, change cooling modes or activate the sleep feature
- YOUR SATISFACTION IS OUR PRIORITY - hOmelabs offers a 2-year warranty and free return or exchange within 30 days of order receipt. We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you experience any issues, please contact us or any of our authorized sellers directly, and we will do everything we can to make things right!
8. Eva-dry Edv-100 Dehumidifier
The Eva-dry Edv-1100 Electric Petite Dehumidifier is designed to quickly clear excess moisture from the air in closets and bathrooms. Because it is so small, it is also a great choice for an RV or boat that is experiencing problems caused by too much moisture in the air. This unit is extremely quiet, almost imperceptible and definitely not obnoxious.
It uses a small amount of energy compared to other units on the market, which means you can run it day and night without having to worry about your bill going up. This small room humidifier will easily clear humidity and regulate the room to a level of moisture that will not allow mold to grow. If you’re looking for a dehumidifier for the office, the Eva-dry Electric Petite Dehumidifier is the perfect solution.
- LESS NOISE OUTPUT - The average noise output for all of the thermo-electric dehumidifiers we tested was 53.2 dB. On the other hand, the EDV-1100 was measured at 50.9 dB, 2.3 dB below average. Making it generate less noise to provide you a good night sleep at night.
- MAXIMUM PORTABILITY - The EDV-1100 couldn’t be any more portable. For one, it can easily be transported. Secondly, it is also one of the smallest, lightest thermo-electric dehumidifiers on the market.
- LOW POWER CONSUMPTION - The Eva-Dry EDV-1100 has a manufacturer specified power draw of 22 watts. That makes it low on energy consumption so you can save on your electricity bill and also helps the environment. Capacity - 16 ounces
- SUPERIOR QUALITY – It is made from high quality and superior materials making it durable. It also has renewable reservoir which absorbs musty odors from stagnant air and also eliminates odors and fungus.
- PLUG AND PLAY SETUP - This couldn’t be easier to use. Simply plug it in and turn it on. It will immediately start dehumidifying. If the condensate collection bucket fills up the “FULL” LED will light up and the dehumidifier will automatically shut off.
9. Black + Decker BPACT14WT
BLACK+DECKER unit is an ideal and versatile dehumidifier for indoors. It cools, dehumidifies, and circulates air to stand up to summer heat. Offering immediate, uninterrupted comfort, this Portable Air Conditioner features easy-to-use LED electronic controls and is quiet while you sleep. This unit comes with rolling wheels and side carrying handles for easy handling, mobile, comfort, and effortless installation.
Keeps a room, home, bedroom, apartment, dorm or garage that is approximately 500 square feet room pleasant and comfortable during the summer months when the heat is at its peak.
- QUIET & POWERFUL - Our 14,000 BTU compact air conditioner (17.1 x 13.8 x 28.1 in,) will keep you cool and comfortable all summer. An adjustable fan speed cools the air to 65°F at the coolest setting. Sleep mode makes it extra quiet while you rest
- COOLS ROOMS FAST - This floor-standing portable AC unit provides steady, effective cooling for rooms up to 350 sq. ft. It’s the perfect small air conditioner for dorms, apartments, cabins, campers, offices, bedrooms, or living rooms
- SIMPLE & QUICK TO INSTALL – Just roll this portable air conditioner with wheels into any room with a double hung or sliding window. Attach the included hose & window adapter, & plug it in to an outlet! At the end of the season, just unhook & store
- EASY TO USE & CLEAN – The simple remote control & top-mounted LED display with 24-hour timer allow you to precisely control the air temperature. To clean the filter, just slide it out twice a month, rinse it thoroughly under running water, & put it back
- 3-in-1 FUNCTIONALITY - Combines 3 energy efficient functions for all of your cooling & ventilation needs with cool, fan, & dehumidifying modes all in one machine. Bucket-less, self-evaporating operation makes your living space cool, clean and dry
10. TOSOT 70 Pint
Need something smart and efficient for your humidifying experience? Then TOSOT may hold all the answers for you as this unit comes with a long list of cool features and long-lasting quality. This a 70-pint unit that means It can remove up to 9 gallons of water from your basement’s air and make the air clean and breathable. Its Energy Star rated and operates quietly. An amazing feature of this product is its capability to reset its setting in case of a power outage.
It means where other devices revert back to its original settings after a power outage, this one remembers the previously saved settings on the restoration of power which gives you one less thing to worry about.
- 4, 500 SQ FT: Our dehumidifier can remove up to 50 pints of water every 24 hours (same as 70 Pint units under 2012 DOE standard. ) A lower humidity level allows your AC system to work more efficiently because it's easier to change the temperature of dry air compared to moist, super-humid air.
- INTERNAL PUMP: The internal pump automatically removes collected water from the dehumidifier so you never experience downtime due to a full water bucket. Water can be pumped sideways or vertically up to 12 feet away. Water will collect in the bucket until it's almost full, then the internal pump will automatically start up to remove the collected water.
- REAL-TIME MONITORING: After choosing a target humidity level the control panel will display the current humidity level. The dehumidifier will power off after reaching the target you set. If you want the dehumidifier to run nonstop regardless of the current humidity level, press the minus button until the control panel displays "NS. " The dehumidifier will run until the drain bucket is full, which will never happen if you activate the internal pump from the control panel.
- SILENT OPERATION: This dehumidifier is so quiet you might even forget it's there. A peak sound level of 51 decibels (using high speed) will be almost as quiet as a private suburban street or a normal conversation at home.
- SAVES YOU MONEY: Since it is Energy-Star rated, this dehumidifier will quickly remove moisture from the air without running up your utility bill. Energy Star appliances are not just better for the environment, they also cost 30% less to operate compared to non-Energy Star appliances.