The Spectrum or Charter Spectrum is the trade name of Charter Communications. The brand, Spectrum was first introduced in 2014. Prior to that, these services were marketed primarily under the Charter name. Now a day Spectrum approved modems are the most popular in the market of the modem. Today, in the USA Spectrum cable internet of Charter is the fourth-largest cable internet provider.
In 2015 AD Charter had purchased Time Warner Cable and Bright House. Now it is also running under the same prestigious brand, Spectrum. Spectrum approved modem is one of the most leading high-speed modems across the United States, across the world. If you choose the high-quality modems and routers provided by Spectrum and want to buy then you will get a wide range of strengths to consider.
Spectrum approved modem will allow great flexibility to select a single device of service for you. Spectrum does not sell an average or low-quality product at all. They ensure high-quality products and services always. Now Spectrum approved modem is not a trusted brand only, now it is a prestigious product also.
If you are a valued regular Spectrum subscriber, you might be renting your modem from Spectrum house or their exclusive agents directly. Whenever you decide to purchase a cable modem instead, you will have to make sure that, your modem has come from a list of Spectrum approved modems. Now a day customers believe, Spectrum approved modems or router is the best modem or router.
The 10 Best Spectrum Approved Modems
1. Arris Surfboard SBG10 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
Product Description: This is a complete package of SURFboard SBG10 is a DOCSIS 3. 0 16×4 cable modem, Wave 2 AC1600 Dual Band Concurrent Wi-Fi Access Point, and 2-Port GB Ethernet Router. So it’s a developed package of better internet access.
- All three products provided in 1 package: AC1600 dual-banded Wi-Fi Router, DOCSIS 3 0 Cable Modem, 2 Ported Gigabit Ethernet Router.
- Equivalent to the other major Cable Internet Providers including Spectrum, Cox, Xfinity, and many others.
- Offers 16mbps downstream & 4mbps upstream channels, suitable for cable internet service plans of 300 Mbps.
- Have 2 GB Ethernet ports with Wi-Fi 5 AC1600 dual-band concurrent Wi-Fi Router.
- Easy Setup and management access by the SURFboard Manager app.
- Satisfying Technical services.
- Well compatible with the Xfinity stock modem.
- A little complicated setup procedure.
- Reception is poor, not compatible with Verizon, ATT, CenturyLink or other DSL and Fiber internet providers.
- Faces problem while connecting with Cox.
2. Netgear C6300-100NAS AC1750 (16×4) DOCSIS 3.0
Product Description: NETGEAR AC1750 Wi-Fi DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem Router, offers you the fastest cable speed with an AC1750 Wi-Fi router and integrated DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem. Have the capability of internet speed up to 680 Mbps.
- Service quality equivalent to Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, CableONE.
- The three-in-one package contains an AC1750 WiFi Router with DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem and a 4 GB Wired Switch.
- Modem speed for up to 680Mbps and 2.4GHz-5GHz Dual-Band AC1750 WiFi speed, 16×4 channel bonding/ Approved for plans up to 300 Mbps.
- Provides DOCSIS 3.0 that allows 16x faster-downloading speed.
- Suitable for streaming HD videos and high-speed online gaming.
- Ensures services like XFINITY from Comcast, Cox, Cablevision, and more.
- The setup is easy and the Wifi signal is strong
- It lasts long.
- Budget-friendly product.
- It isn’t compatible with Cable bundled voice services.
- Woks only in Microsoft Windows 10, 2000, XP Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux, Vista
- Sometimes it loses internet connection with Spectrum.
3. NETGEAR N600 (8×4) WiFi DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem Router (C3700)
Product Description: This package contains NETGEAR N600 WiFi DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem Router, with an N600 simultaneous dual-band WiFi router and integrated DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem. It provides you better speed experience for you.
- Decreases your internet budget by up to $120 per year.
- Its two in one feature provides you DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem with WiFi Router.
- Have 2 GB Ethernet ports and 1 USB 2.0 port.
- Modem speed up to 340Mbps and 2.4GHz- 5GHz Dual Band N450.
- Provides your 8×4 channel bonding with Denial of Service(DoS) attack prevention.
- Ideal for streaming HD videos, 8x faster downloads, and high-speed online gaming.
- Have Compatibility with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, etc.
- Good Wifi Modem Router.
- Excellent efficiency on Xfinity.
- Easy to set it up.
- Works only with Microsoft Windows 7 or 8, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS (TCP/IP network), browser support Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers.
- It isn’t compatible with bundled voice services.
- It doesn’t last for too long.
4. Arris Surfboard SVG2482AC DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem & AC1750 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router with Voice,
Product Description: The Surfboard SVG2482AC is the first retail Wi-Fi modem to combine Xfinity Internet & Voice service with RDK-B. The download speed is pretty high at 1750 Mbps, Works as a perfect alternative to XFINITY.
- Gives you 4 products at a time: DOCSIS 3. 0 Cable Modem, AC1750 Wi-Fi Access Point, 4-Port GB Ethernet Router with Xfinity Telephony Modem.
- Has been approved about to use it with Xfinity internet & voice service.
- 24/Mbps downstream and 8/mbps upstream with DOCSIS 3.0 channels, which is enough for Xfinity internet speed plans(600 Mbps).
- 4 GB Ethernet ports with 2 telephony ports and ensures digital voice service with RDK.
- Works efficiently with Xfinity Triple Play.
- Soft setup process.
- Customer service is satisfying.
- Doesn’t work fine for so long.
- It doesn’t work efficiently in everywhere.
- The WiFi signal is a little weak.
5. Arris Surfboard SBG7400AC2 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem & AC2350 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router,
Product Description: This is a complete package of better internet access to help you experience fast and efficient services It saves the spendings on monthly rental fees of your modem.
- Provides DOCSIS Cable Modem, AC2350 dual-band Wi-Fi, with 4 port GB Router in one package.
- It is compatible with major Cable Internet Providers (U.S.) including Spectrum, Cox Xfinity & others.
- Provides 24 downstream and 8 upstream channels, well enough for cable internet speed plans (6 Mbps).
- Advanced Wave 2 AC2350 dual-band concurrent Wi-Fi Router with 4 GB Ethernet ports.
- Easy Setup and management by the SURFboard Manager app.
- Four 1-GB Ethernet ports ensure wired connections for gaming devices like PS4, Xbox and, gaming PCs, smart TVs, and IP cameras.
- Setup and management access by the Surfboard Manager app or web Manager.
- The USB port is better than the others.
- As accurate as it got ordered.
- The setup process is so easy.
- Cable digital voice service doesn’t support this device.
- Little faulty network connections.
- Customer service isn’t so good.
6. TP-Link DOCSIS 3.0 (16×4) High-Speed Cable Modem, Max Download Speeds of 686Mbps,
Product Description: It is one of the most efficient high-speed cable modems that ensure your proper speed and service. TC-7620 modem has been certified for XFINITY from Comcast and Time Warner Cable for its service and efficiency.
- It allows you to eliminate your monthly rental fee of the cable modem.
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem provides you 16X faster download speed than DOCSIS 2.0.
- The Channel bonding includes up to 16/Mbps downstream and 4/mbps upstream.
- Provides your data rates for up to 680Mbps for downloading while 143Mbps for uploading.
- It is great for Cable Internet plans up to 300Mbps with XFINITY.
- Provides you a warranty of 2 years with 24/7 customer care service.
- Has network security enhancement.
- Fast and effective.
- The setup process is very easy.
- Needs an extra router for enabling WiFi.
- Works only with Windows 8/Windows 7/ Windows Vista, Service Pack 1, Windows XP
- Runs hot quickly.
7. NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo with Voice C7100V
Product Description: the respective voice cable modem-router provides you a high-speed internet connection. It also offers a combined speed of up to 1. 9 Gbps along with AC19000 Wi-Fi.
- Well certified by Comcast for Xfinity for its advanced Xfinity internet and voice service feature.
- It replaces your cable modem with a WiFi router that saves up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees.
- Very much suitable for cable provider plans of 40/Mbps.
- It allows 1800 sq ft WiFi coverage with 30 devices’ connection allowance on AC1900 speed.
- Provides 4 GB Ethernet ports with 2 USB ports that give you fast wired connections.
- Offers you advanced voice services and features by Xfinity Voice.
- Developed with 24×8 channel bonding by DOCSIS 3.0.
- It supports WEP and WPA/WPA2 wireless security protocols for advanced security.
- The setup procedure is so simple.
- Faster than other products.
- Beautiful elegant design.
- Works only with Mac OS, Microsoft Windows 7-8, XP, 2000, UNIX, Vista or Linux
- Browser requirement for at least Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0, Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0.
- Sometimes VPN doesn’t work.
8. Asus CM-16 Docsis 3.0 CableLabs-Certified 16×4 686 Mbps Cable Modem
Product Description: A Certified product with all major ISPs, the Asus CM-16 DOCSIS 3. 0 Cable Modem. Designed with five front-facing LED indicators to improve monitoring status.
- DOCSIS 3.0 16×4 cable modem is well certified by Comcast Xfinity, Spectrum, and Cox.
- It saves up to $120 per year on rental fees.
- It supports downstream for up to 686Mbps and 131Mbps upstream as well.
- Combines perfectly with ASUS signature routers.
- The front-facing LED indicators to help to understand the signal strength of the cable modem easily.
- The setup procedure is very simple.
- Suitable to use with Comcast’s Xfinity Internet.
- Easy and good controlling system.
- Router excludes, for enabling WiFi connectivity.
- It could have slow performances.
- The worth will be more than a service.
9. NETGEAR C7500 Modem Router
Product Description: Nighthawk X4 AC3200 WiFi DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem Router helps increasing WiFi speeds for up to 3.2Gbps. The WiFi speed created by this modem is more than any other router.
- It’s compatible with any major cable internet providers.
- It is well certified by Comcast, COX, and Spectrum.
- This model C7500 saves up to $168/yr by replacing your cable modem and WiFi router.
- It offers the best speed experience for cable provider plans of 400 Mbps.
- Ensures wireless coverage for 3000 sq ft and an allowance of 45 devices’ connection at AC3200 speed.
- Provides 4 GB Ethernet ports with 2 USB ports for fast wired connections.
- Built with 24×8 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.0.
- It supports WEP and WPA/WPA2 for advanced wireless security.
- Fast WiFi network.
- It creates a strong signal.
- The range of WiFi and modem is great.
- Isn’t compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL.
- It didn’t last for too long.
- The setup process could be a little complicated.
10. Zoom Telephonic DOCSIS 3.0 5341-00-00J 343Mbps Cable Modem
Product Description: An efficient product, designed in a way to use for today and for the years to come. CableLabs has certified this product to work with nearly all U.S. cable service providers includes Cox, Comcast, Cable ONE, and Time Warner Cable.
- Delivers up to 343 Mbps downstream as well as upstream up to 143 Mbps.
- Fast and efficient Ethernet port at 10,100,1000 Mbps
- Supports any version of DOCSIS.
- Certified to work with nearly all U.S. cable service providers.
- Delivers advanced networking capability including IPv4 and IPv6 and assures powerful, flexible network addressing.
- It allows energy-saving switching power cube with Ethernet cable, modem stand, and QuickStart flyer.
- Works great on Comcast’s Bay Area network
- Easy installing procedure.
- Works great in-home environment.
- Runs hot quickly.
- A little costly than service.
- Technical support is a little poor.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
A: There are many modems in the market for Spectrum. The best one varies against the usage and need of your modem. You must choose the modem thinking how you will use that in further future.
A: There are many modems in the market that can be used with Spectrum. Some of the experts claim to use Asus CM-32 Cable Modem Wifi Router to use with Spectrum. But you must choose the modem as per your usage and need.
A: Modems can be used with Spectrum at a maximum number of 2 accounts. You’ll have to pay an extra charge for the second account you create.
A: Buying an own modem could increase your upfront costs, but will decrease monthly internet bills. Else ways Most of the tech experts do suggest to buy a separate device.
In this Top 10 Best spectrum approved modems in 2020, we have displayed the best ten devices for your network services. Here we described such ten products to you which are very trusted as well as time tasted in the USA and even in the world. For security and confidence, you will be able to IP address in spectrum modems or routers.
Now as a valued customer you will be able to get a good customer through a lot of customer care points across the whole United States.