Have you come to the end of the mobile phone contract? Well, then it is time for you to look for some amazing deals with another company that can offer you with better cellular plan with a new phone. Though some of the offers can be really tempting, you need to ask whether or not it is worth the hassle of changing the number. When you change the number, it becomes hectic to message everyone updating your new number.
You also have to update the mobile number of your banks and office. To spare you the horror, the good news is – you can transfer phone number to another phone easily and efficiently. Wondering how? Read on to know all the details.
- Is it Safe to Transfer Phone Number to Another Phone by Online
- What Information do I Need to Start the Transfer Phone Number
- How to Transfer Phone Number to Another Phone
- How do I Transfer my Phone Number to a New Phone Network
- How Long Will it Take for my Number to be ‘Ported’ Over
- Final Words
- Don't Miss It:
- Frequently Asked Questions
Is it Safe to Transfer Phone Number to Another Phone by Online
Transferring number online has become quite a common thing, nowadays. As it offers some amazing benefits and convenience, people make sure to transfer the number online. While it offers convenience, you can be worried about the safety. There are some port-out scam sites that can misuse all the data and information you provide while transferring the mobile number.
But there are some websites that offer highest level of security as well. Hence, you need to be sure that you are opting for a genuine website that is reliable and reputed to ensure 100% safety while transferring your mobile number online. Reliable websites ensure secure online checkout. They even encrypt all your confidential information before transferring.
What Information do I Need to Start the Transfer Phone Number
When you are trying to transfer your phone number to your new phone, you will have to first check your eligibility. You can do that online and once you find you are eligible for the transfer, provide some of the important information for a successful transfer. Some of the important information that you will need are:
- Your account number (you can find that on your bill or in the portal of your service provider)
- PIN for moving the number (it can be a temporary PIN for port-out or the general account PIN)
- Name of the current cellular service provider.
- Type of service you want (Residential or Business)
How to Transfer Phone Number to Another Phone
So, it is decided that you are switching your phone but want to keep the same phone number. All that is needed is to simply port or transfer the phone number to another phone. Here are some simple methods and complete step by step guide on how to transfer phone number to new phone and another phone:
1. Changing the SIM
This is the simplest way to transfer your phone number to another phone. But you must make sure that your phone and the cellular service are not bind in the similar package. If you are using a SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) card system, then follow these steps:
- Take the old phone and spot the slot for your SIM card.
- Once you get it, open the slot and take the card out of it.
- Now, look for the slot in your new phone.
- Open the slot and your will see the tray to put the Subscriber Identity Module card.
- Put it in the right way and insert the tray back to the phone.
2. Contacting the Service Provider
If you are using a phone that your cellular service provider has provided you along with the cellular plan, then you cannot change the SIM. But you can upgrade your phone. Contact the service provider for transferring your number to a new phone.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Contact the customer care of the cellular service provider and talk to them.
- Apply in request for transferring your number to the new phone.
- Once the request is processed, you will receive a security code.
- Fill out the form for transfer of your number.
- You will have to provide that security code along with other essential information in the form.
How do I Transfer my Phone Number to a New Phone Network
In case you want to change your cellular service provider, then the process of transferring your number will be different. If you want to switch to a new phone network while keep your phone number same, then you can port your number to the new network.
Here are some of the steps that you to follow in order to transfer your phone number to a new cellular network:
- First of all, check whether or not your current phone is eligible for the transfer.
- Now, review your current cellular contract to know more about the fees of early termination.
- If your contract is going to expire, then you don’t have to pay termination fees.
- Pay all the outstanding balances that you have.
- Talk to the new cellular network for transferring your existing phone number.
- Choose their cellular plan that you want to sign up for.
- Start the porting process by providing all the important information, such as PIN number, account number and more.
- You can get the PIN by simply sending a SMS (it will depend from one network to another).
It may take few days to transfer phone number to another phone network. Some companies can change you for porting your existing number to their network. So, you need to talk to the cellular service provider to get all the details.
How Long Will it Take for my Number to be ‘Ported’ Over
The total time taken for your number to be transferred to a new cellular network can depend from one company to another. It typically takes one to five business days to fully complete the transfer or port. While sometime it can require about 3 to 4 days, sometimes it can be done within few hours on the same day.
This is all about how to transfer phone number to new phone. You can follow the steps that are mentioned above to successfully transfer your phone number to a new cellular network or even to a new phone. Hopefully, all the queries that you have in your mind are properly addressed and answered above.
Don’t Miss It:
- How Do I Transfer My Straight Talk Service from One Phone to Another
- How to Switch Phone Carriers without Paying
- Get a Free Phone When You Switch with Great Deals
- Top 9 Best Assurance Wireless Upgrade Phone