Communication is the fundamental requirement of any kind of business. In this modern era, every business owner is looking for strategies that can turn out to be efficient and cost-effective for their business. This global economy is the reason that now businesses are not just confined to one particular nation, they can be located anywhere across the globe.
Now, this variation in locations in businesses poses a big challenge i.e how are they going to maintain a smooth flow of communication. To solve this problem, today’s Internet-driven society launched VoIP phone services for business. VoIP stands for Voice Over Internet Protocol. It is a technology that enables us to make or receive calls over the Internet.
How Does VoIP Work?
VoIP phone service for business is predominantly a set of protocols that work together to deliver phone functions via the Internet. It is quite similar to regular phone lines but the fact that makes them different is that they provide flexibility and mobility that is lacking in the traditional phones.
The technology is operated over computer networks by using packet-switched protocols. They put voice signals into packets that can be easily transmitted over any VoIP-compatible network (example): local area network or LAN). These packets help in transferring much more information over the network which in turn supports and enhances the communication needs of the business.
In this fast-paced world, it is very important to keep one’s business up to date. As one grows and expands his/her business, it becomes very important to have a single platform where all the team members and the clients can connect and share information. From being cost-effective to a multitasking platform, VoIP is blessed with versatile features that make them the best platform to fulfill all the telecommunication requirements of any business. As Benjamin Franklin has said “Time is Money”, so business organizations can not waste their valuable time on traditional phone services.
Best VoIP Phone Service For Business
Previously acknowledged as Junction Networks, OnSIP provides real-time communication services beyond 1000,000 customer accounts. It is one of the cheapest VoIP service providers.
- Auto Attendants
- Find Me Anywhere,
- ACD Queues
- Zendesk and Google Analytics Integration
- Browser Phone App
- Intuitive Admin Portal
- Low fees
- flexible payment options
- ‘Pay As You Go’ (Per Minute) Plan
- An Unlimited (Per User) Plan.
- 30-day free trial offer.
- No options available for call queuing
- No options available
Vonage inaugurated with its traditional consumer VoIP technology, which it still offers at $24.99 per month. Vonage offers several VoIP packages for businesses, starting at a monthly cost of $19.99.
- Virtual receptionist.
- Voicemail to email, and an admin portal.
- It can be used via a broadband internet connection.
- Easy to use, solid product
- Easy setup
- Calls can be forwarded to different locations
- Works on Wi-Fi and on LTE
- Support is spotty
- Technical support
- Extra monthly fees for industry-standard features
- Over 400 BBB (Better Business Bureau) customer complaints
RingCentral offers four different VoIP plan levels, where the least expensive package is at a monthly cost of $19.99 per month and the most expensive one costs $49.95 per month per user.
- Toll-free minutes from 100 to 1,000 toll-free minutes.
- Unlimited video calls.
- Setup takes minutes
- Reliable tech and customer service support
- Inability to customize the greeting message for conference calls
- Linux support is not direct, but you can use the web dashboard
San Jose–based 8×8 is one of the oldest VoIP providers, originated in 2002, and now serves over a million businesses.
- Plug and play service
- Immediate start by installing 8×8 on the device.
- Price-quote system office
- 365 integrations
- Voicemail to email
- Screen sharing
- Call waiting and call forwarding
- Three-way calling
- Video and audio conferencing
- Uptime of more than 99.99 percent
- The global network allows clear, quick connections
- Flexible pricing
- Unlimited calling
- Limited options for call queuing
- Limited mobile access
- Do not offer a free trial
- Closed API
Ooma Telo is a significant provider of residential VoIP service, endeavoring connectivity for all sorts of devices via a free calling app.
- Smart home integration with Amazon Alexa
- Remote voicemail
- Online call logs
- Blocks spam phone calls.
- Unlimited local and long-distance calls.
- Low Cost
- One of the best call qualities in the industry
- Provides automated configuration tools that respond dynamically to the network.
- Unlimited calling access to more than 60 countries in $9.99 per month.
- Ooma supports analog handsets and IP phones.
- No need to change the number.
- Higher-than-average hardware costs
- One standard plan
- Complaints of dropped calls
The concept of the company’s title originated from the grasshopper’s capability to drive itself forward at a rate that is seemingly contradictory to its size and stature.
Established in 2003 by, Siamak Taghaddos and David Hauser, Grasshopper has been encouraging numerous entrepreneurs to expand their businesses.
- Toll-free or local numbers.
- Company caller ID displays in calls.
- Flexible Contracts
- Competitive Pricing
- Toll-free vanity numbers
Maximum of 3 toll-free or local numbers.
- No Windows or Blackberry App
- Audio quality problems
- Problems with transcription features
- Extra charges for some features
7. Call Hippo
Call Hippo is a low-cost VoIP solution for business communication. Business owners can set up and start making or receiving calls rather quickly via this VoIP solution.
- The virtual receptionist greets the callers.
- If a user is already on the phone missed calls can be sent to voicemail.
- Users can receive voicemail via push notification or email.
- Wide functionality.
- Call Hippo can be set up in less than three minutes.
- Provides Annual Billing
- Call Hippo’s phone systems and Software are integrated with several leading software Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms that save employees time.
- Metered Calling
- A high volume of international calls is too expensive.
- Customer Support is complex.
8. Traverse Telecom
This company is listed in the 1st position for best US & Canada VoIP service providers and there is a reason behind it. Traverse Telecom has never disappointed thousands of customers around the world who have used their services in the past.
- They provide VoIP plans of over 100+ countries.
- They have never failed to satisfy any customer in the past.
- 24×7 customer support.
- Fax to email.
- HD voice.
- Call conferencing, routing, DND, music on hold are provided.
- Call conferencing, routing, DND, music on hold are provided.
- Low Cost (Their Canada and USA VoIP plans start as low as $24.99)
- For an additional amount of $10 per month, unlimited call recording can be activated.
- Zero downtime.
- Free national and International Calls
- Ensures best-calling experience for customers
- Not as effective as in the USA and Canada as in other states
Being founded in 1996, MegaPath has more than 24 years of experience in the industry. It offers plans starting at $19.95 per user per month, where the premium plan costs $29.95, and the enterprise voice plan costs $39.90 per user per month.
- Unlimited nationwide and international calls and more than 50 features.
- Recorded calls, Forwarding numbers.
- Toll-free numbers.
- More than 50 available call features
- No contracts
- Unlimited national calling
- Added charges for some features such as e-fax and call recording.
Jive VoIP services are available for businesses of all sizes. There are five different pricing options available starting from $19.95 per user per month, where the most expensive one costs 29.95$.
- Different tiers of the price system.Easy to set up and to use.
- Video conferencing.
- Split calls.
- Extension calling.
- Affordable plans
- Good support
- Accesses desktop features from a mobile device
- Full mobility for people to take calls in any location.
- Added charges for premium video options
- Adding existing phones can be time-consuming
Benefits of VoIP Phone Services For Business
1. Low cost per call:
The fact that using VoIP phone services only requires a decent Internet connection makes it a cost-effective method. With clients spread all over the globe, normal telephone services can cost a lot but VoIP services generally offer free international calls.
2. Service Mobility:
Evolving businesses are never confined to a particular places and a normal telephony service requires one to shift the telephony services each time the business moves to a new place while VoIP phone services give this flexibility as there are no physical limitations. One can easily move as the business demands because it is a web-based system administration.
3. Worldwide accessibility:
VoIP phone services allow the employees to remotely utilize the services like voice, fax, and data of one’s office via the intranet of the business. So, this creates an opportunity for business owners to provide the work from home opportunities to their clients.
VoIP is extremely reliable. In case there is some issue with your Internet, then that doesn’t mean that you can’t make calls because VoIP phone services come with the feature of call forwarding call-forwarding. So, if the office phone can’t be answered, you can easily use your mobile device or laptop for the same.
5. Versatile Features:
VoIP phone services allow one to connect to a wide variety of devices to keep your business’ productivity high. Features like caller ID, virtual numbers, contact lists, voicemail, etc., can all be modified custom to boost operational efficiency. For example, in a single click, voicemails and messages can be forwarded to multiple colleagues.
Factor to Consider When Choosing a VoIP Phone Service for Business
Whenever we are installing any new phone services for our business, then several factors need to be kept in mind.
1. Customer Support:
This is a very crucial point when shopping for VoIP phone service for your business. One should always prefer a service provider that offers customer support all day long.
2. Third-Party Integration:
It is very important to see if the VoIP phone service that you are choosing can integrate with other services that you use. Because an incompatible VoIP service will require you to migrate your data from the already used products and that can prove out to be very hectic.
3. Connection Service:
Remember that not all internet connection is compatible with VoIP phone service, so trying a demo can be a great idea because a slow or incompatible see how internet connection can hamper your business’s communication
One should always opt for a plan that is flexible because, with each passing day, the business witnesses a lot of changes. So, the plan of your VoIP phone service should be such that can be expanded or altered as per your business’s requirement.
It’s very important to decide the maximum amount you are ready to spend on the installation of VoIP phone service for your business. The VoIP market has flexible offers that can be chosen as per the budget of your business.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is switching to VoIP phone service expensive?
A: Businesses always prefer to upgrade to new technologies that can help them in the long run. In the case of VoIP phone services, it is less expensive than regular landline phones. Depending on the plan you choose, the cost may vary but usually, it tends to cut down on costs.
Q: How much bandwidth is needed?
A: VoIP phone services require a fast internet connection. But there is no fixed bandwidth; it depends on the number of concurrent calls that will be made in your business. If you require to make more calls simultaneously then more bandwidth will be needed.
Q: Is VoIP phone services for business secure?
A: VoIP phone service is as secure as the traditional landlines. Business organizations always have the option to encrypt VoIP calls to avoid unauthorized people from listening to the conversations.
Q: Will I lose any business features after installing VoIP phone services?
A: VoIP generally offers more features to your business as compared to traditional telephone services. So, there is hardly any chance of losing any feature. It can happen that the same feature may not be available on VoIP phone service, but you can get an alternative to that.
Q: Our VoIP phone calls free?
A: Yes, free VoIP phone services are possible. If one possesses a computer with a microphone and speakers, and an Internet connection then you can easily communicate using VoIP for free.
Amidst this coronavirus pandemic, working from home is the new normal. All kinds of businesses are in a bumpy ride due to the lockdown, but having a reliable VoIP phone service provider can help to smoothen the road. And fortunately, one has plenty of options when it comes to choosing a VoIP phone service for business. Indeed, choosing the ideal VoIP phone services is a big challenge for business organizations, but proper planning can yield good results. From offering a wide variety of digital features to providing affordable pricing, VoIP phone services have proved out to be a boon for business organizations.