Here, we offer you the most relevant ideas for your wireless internet access using a straight talk mobile hotspot. In recent times, it has become an increasing necessity to be connected to the internet.
The world is now largely controlled in some ways through the internet. Now the internet gives us access to news, social media, and some other activities we can’t live without.
A great part of the workforce has become fully reliant on the internet to carry out their day-to-day activities and transactions. One cannot even make a payment without the internet.
All these and others including unprecedented happenings around the world are reasons why it is now important to always be connected to the internet.
The straight talk mobile hotspot is a very reliable means to connect to the internet. Gone are the days when you have to connect just one device at a time to the internet while all others remain unconnected due to low network strength.
With this mobile hotspot, you can now connect quite a couple of devices including laptops, Smartphones, and other smart devices to the internet at the same time.
Connect to devices in your office, your home, or on the go using this mobile hotspot device. It also has a wide range and can enable you to stay connected from wherever you may be in the nation.
In this post, you will discover quite a number of the best straight talk mobile hotspots in the US in 2023.
10 Best Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot in 2023
1) Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot ZTE Z289L
This wireless device comes with a 4G network and works on 1X/HRPD/eHRPD/LTE networks. You can easily connect your devices to this mobile hotspot via Wi-Fi which then gives you access to the internet.
One of the smallest when it comes to size yet one of the fastest. It also comes with an SD card slot and its network type includes 3G/4G/LTE.
- Very portable and easy to carry around.
- Easy to set up.
- Comes with a micro USB port, micro SDHC card port.
- Comes with a display screen.
- The long-lasting battery of 3000 mAh.
- Can only be connected using Wi-Fi hence devices that do not support Wi-Fi cannot connect to it.
- The setup process is lengthy and confusing.
2) Samsung ZTE Z288C PWP Straight Talk 288 LTE Mobile Hotspot
Specially made by Samsung, this device also comes with a very small size that can be very easy to carry around. With this device, one can easily connect to multiple devices due to its speed.
Its rectangular shape measuring 3.87 X 2.26 X 0.76 and its buttons are similar to that of the hotspot ZTE Z289L and it is enabled with an easily understandable interface for quick controls.
- Very light and easy to carry around.
- Strong Wi-Fi connectivity and internet speed.
- Built by Samsung, one of the most trusted companies in the world.
- Poor battery life of less than 8 hours.
- Not easily available for purchase.
3) Franklin Mobile Hotspot – Reconditioned
With the ability to connect up to 8 devices, this mobile hotspot is quite powerful. It comes with a 1.33 OLED display and has a standby time of up to 8hours.
You get 64MB RAM and a 32 MB flash on this device. Its dimension is 2.34 X 3.46 X 0.57 inches and an incredible 4G LTE connection.
- It is quite cheap at $8.
- It’s comes preloaded with a 2GB data plan.
- It is very smal.
- It comes with a 2100mAh battery which is quite poor.
- Its download speed which still struggles with 5 – 12 Mbps is quite low.
4) Franklin Mobile Hotspot ZTE Z291DL
Smart talk mobile hotspot device abounds and this may also come with similar capabilities to the rest. With its 4G LTE capability, it also has a fast connection allowing it to connect to up to 12 devices at a time.
This device comes with a 1 GB data plan, a SIM slot and more than 7 hours of battery life.
- Portable and easy to carry around.
- Includes a free 1 GB plan.
- Can connect to several devices at the same time.
- Comes with a SIM card.
- Poor battery.
- No screen display.
5) ZTE Velocity 2 4G LTE Straight Talk Hotspot
After exploring all other straight talk mobile hotspot devices, we are pleased to announce to you that this is so fat if the best we found. This mobile hotspot is a blend of neatly designed hardware and also great software.
Aside from having a fine outward design, this device also comes with a smart screen display that totally looks and works like that of a smartphone. The screen displays a network signal, a battery level, Wi-Fi connection status, and time. All in one page.
- Multiple connections of up to 10 devices.
- Easy screen navigation.
- Can provide 2.4 GHz and 5GHz connections.
- The 4G LTE network type makes its connection very fast.
- An excellent battery that can last up to 10hours.
- Does not work on verizon or sprint.
6) Straight Talk Moxee Mobile Hotspot
This hotspot comes with a 4G LTE/Wi-Fi connectivity network and a dimension of 2.6 X 4.4 X 0.6 inches.
It is built with a color display and has a standby time on up to 18 days with a maximum charge of 3 hours.
7) Straight Talk Unimax Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot
This can easily pass as one of the best mobile hotspot devices available right now. With this device, you can easily connect your mobile devices and even your laptop or tablet at the same time without much hassle.
With its wireless capability, it can be a great device to keep you connected to the internet while on the go. This device is quite expensive though but you may be getting your money’s worth.
- User friendly.
- Allows multiple connections.
- Very light.
- It is quite expensive.
- Very complicated setup.
- No display screen.
8) UMX U240C Mobile Hotspot Straight Talk
This is yet another very portable mobile hotspot device enabled with a wireless Wi-Fi 802.11b and a 3G connection.
It is an interesting design with its fancy button colors and beamforming it is a perfect connecting device.
9) ZTE MF985 Velocity 2 AT&T Unlocked 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot
This mobile hotspot has received positive feedback from customers all over the country. It comes with a 4G LTE.
This device’s connection is faster allowing it to connect easily to multiple devices without reducing its speed too much. Its memory of 256MB is also very large considering its cheap price.
With a qualcomm processor MDM9240 , and its 3000mAh battery which lasts up to 12 hours what can we say. This may be the mobile hotspot with the most features. It has a dimension of 4.5 X 2.6 X 4.5 inches and a Weight of 4.55ounces.
- Up to 10 connected Wi-Fi devices.
- Supports USB tethering.
- Speed of up to 150Mbps for uploads and 600Mbps for downloads.
- Comes with a micro SD card slot which can be upgraded to 128GB.
- Can connect to both 2.5 GHz devices and also 5GHz devices.
- Its battery life can last up to 12 hours.
- Difficult to set up.
10) ZTE Z291DL 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot
This 4G LTE mobile hotspot supports 4G LTE-FDD Band 2/4/5/12/13.
With its modern and fine dark color design, it can easily bring a little touch of the latest technological look to your living room.
- You can connect up to 10 Wi-Fi devices using this mobile hotspot.
- Its speed is excellent.
- It has a very poor battery of 2000mAh.
- No display screen for data display.
Why You Should Opt-in for A Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot
- Wide Range: It gives you the liberty of connecting your device from anywhere you may be around the country. So you can be on a vacation away from home and still be able to connect to the internet without trouble.
- Best Deals: Straight talk comes with plans that give you the best services for your money. Their monthly deal which gives users up to 60 GB of data is a very robust plan that can enable one to do anything they want to do on the internet. Their plans also come with other advantages such as text and calls.
- High-Speed Connection: The smart talk mobile hotspot comes with 4G connection capabilities that make your browsing much faster. You can watch videos, make video calls and browse easily without interruption.
- Cheaper Prices: The devices and also the plans are all cheap. Although there are some products in the straight talk mobile hotspot that can be expensive, there is still a plan or device for different people according to their budget.
- Longer Standby Time: With this device, you don’t have to worry about battery life as it has a very strong battery that can last you for a long time. This is particularly advantageous when you may be traveling without access to electricity.
How to Set Up Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot Device
Once you have gotten your straight talk mobile hotspot device and your data connection plan ready you can begin your setup by following the steps below:
- First sign in to your straight talk account from the website www.straighttalk.com. You have to create an account if you don’t have one to proceed with.
- Click on activate on the website and go to the mobile hotspot.
- Now scroll down and enter the serial number of the hotspot device on the website. This number is found on the back of the wireless device.
- Choose a nickname to differentiate your wireless device from other devices you may have on your account and type in your Zip code.
- Now you have to choose your service plan option. You can get a service plan that best suits your needs from Walmart or any other retail store. You can also use your credit or debit card to complete this process and save yourself the stress of scratching cards manually.
- Scratch off and type in the serial number at the back of the card on the website to proceed.
- Follow the instructions to connect and set up your security.
What are the Network and Plans Available for the Straight Talk Mobile Hotspot
When you have the straight talk mobile hotspot device, there is a plan for everybody. Whether you are a light data user or a heavy data user, you can choose from the plan that suits you best and continue.
Below is a list of the smart talk plans available for users:
- Straight talk $55 ultimate unlimited 30-day plan
- Straight talk $40 mobile hotspot 60-day plan
- The Straight talk $25 mobile hotspot 30-day plan
- Straight talk $50 mobile hotspot 60-day plan
- Straight talk $15 mobile hotspot 30-day plan
- The Straight talk platinum unlimited plan $65 20GB mobile hotspot
What do I do if my Device is Not Connecting to my Mobile Phone, Laptop, or other Wi-Fi Devices?
If your Wi-Fi is not connecting to your mobile device, try switching it off and on and reconnect. Also, check if your device has Wi-Fi turned on. You can also try rebooting the phone.
This persists, then you may have to visit the straight talk support page located at or contact their customer service page below.
If your mobile hotspot device cannot access the internet, check to see if the SIM card fits into the SIM slot correctly. Also, make sure you still have an active data subscription plan as this can also affect the device connection.
The need to stay connected to the internet is a pressing one. Internet connection has become one of the basic needs of our generation. There are hundreds of mobile hotspot devices out there.
Although if you want the mobile hotspot with the best features, plans, and flexibility, the straight talk mobile hotspot is simply the best for you.