Wireless Network, most commonly known as WiFi is a network that makes use of radio waves to connect different devices together. Wireless networks are easy to access as long as the device is within the range of the router. WiFi is available almost everywhere you go whether it is a private space like your home or public establishments like schools, libraries or cafes. Some of these wireless networks are usually free to use and can be accessed by simply using your device to connect to the network.
Leaving a WiFi network open to the public can leave it vulnerable to breaches from intruders, spyware, malware and virus attacks. This is why a lot of WiFi networks are strongly restricted by WEP or WPA WiFi security and can only be unlocked with the use of a password or passphrase. If there is a restricted WiFi network that you are really trying to connect to and you do not have the password, then you might have to hack this WiFi network to gain access.
Hacking WiFi passwords is not an easy task but it is not impossible. The process of cracking a WiFi network requires patience because it might take a lot of time and effort. Usually the hacking methods might depend on whether you have connected to the WiFi network in the past or not, or what type of security the WiFi network is on.
This article will discuss the methods through which you can hack the WiFi network passwords.
Is it Possible to Hack a WiFi Passwords
Yes, it is possible to hack a WiFi passwords. The success of such WiFi passwords hacking attacks can also depend on how active and inactive the users of the target network are.
How to Hack a WiFi Passwords – Effective Ways
Hacking a WiFi passwords in order to gain access to the network can seem very extreme but you must have your reasons. You might be trying to hack a neighbor’s WiFi, a WiFi network of an organisation, and you might even be hacking your own network due to a forgotten password. Whatever the reason maybe, it is possible for you to hack a WiFi passwords.
You can hack a WiFi passwords in order to connect to the WiFi network through easy methods that include hacking the network through Windows Command Prompt (CMD) or through third party applications that you can download on your mobile devices.
1. Using CMD on Computer
This method will only work if you are trying to hack a WiFi network that you have connected to once in the past. Windows creates a profile for each WiFi network that you have ever connected to and will remain on the computer unless you tell Windows to Forget the Network. You can gain access to the passwords of these saved networks by using Windows Command Prompt.
To Hack a WiFi Passwords using Windows Command Prompt;
- Turn on your Windows computer and tap on the Start menu.
- Type CMD into the bar and launch the Command Prompt.
- Choose Run as Administrator to use CMD with administrator privileges.
- A program with a black screen full of texts will open with a blinking cursor to guide you on where to type.
- Begin by typing Netsh WLAN show profile and a section called User Profiles will appear.
- This section will contain a list of all the WiFi networks that have been saved on the computer.
- Search for the network you want to hack and copy it.
- Next, type Netsh WLAN show profile name=”Network name” key=clear.
- Fresh data will appear.
- You will see Key Content under Security Settings.
- The WiFi password you are looking for will be displayed.
To Use this Method to Hack a WiFi Passwords on MacOS;
- Turn on the computer.
- Launch Spotlight search (Cmd+Space) and type Terminal.
- This will open the equivalent of Command Prompt on MacOs.
- Input security find-generic-password -wa Network name into the program.
- You will be able to see the password of the WiFi network.
You can then use this password displayed to hack into the WiFi network you are trying to connect to.
- Free of charge.
- Does not require multiple hardware.
- Does not require installation of third party software.
- Can be a tedious process.
- Will only work on networks you’ve already connected to.
- Not accessible on all devices.
2. Using Third Party Software
You can hack a WiFi password and connect to the network by making use of software that can crack the network and give you access to the network. Cracking a WiFi network depends on the type of WiFi security. The most common types of WiFi security are Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) and WiFi Protected Access (WPA). Both of these networks can be checked using compatible software on your supported device.
2.1. Hack WEP-Protected WiFi Network
WEP WiFi security is the most common and widely used WiFi security which was developed to offer privacy equivalent to that of wired networks. This type of WiFi security is very weak and insecure, and can easily be cracked and breached. WEP hacking can be of two types: Passive Cracking which is difficult to detect has no effect on network traffic and Active Cracking which is the most effective, causes a strain on the network traffic, and is easy to detect.
The third party applications that can be used to hack WiFi passwords of networks protected by WEP security include:
2.2. Hack WPA-Protected WiFi Network
The WPA WiFi security is an upgraded version of the WEP WiFi security. It makes use of temporal keys to encrypt packets but it makes use of short and weak passphrases that are relatively weak attacks from intruders. You can make use of the following software to hack WiFi passwords of networks that are protected by WPA WiFi security:
- Cain & Abel
- WiFi WPS WPA Tester
These third party applications are not easy to use and can require a lot of patience and in most cases, extra hardware. Using these applications can also leave your own devices vulnerable to malware and spyware. This is why it is important to ensure that the third party application you are planning to use to hack WiFi passwords is legit and safe.
- Affordable and accessible.
- Apps available for download on multiple devices.
- High guarantee of hack success.
- Some of the applications require charges.
- Process is tedious and require patience.
- High risk of malware and spyware on devices.
- Might require multiple hardwares.
Alternative Ways to Hack a WiFi Passwords
In this practical scenario, we are going to learn how to hack WiFi passwords. We will use Cain and Abel to decode the stored wireless network passwords in Windows. We will also provide useful information that can be used to hack the WEP and WPA keys of wireless networks. Decoding Wireless network passwords stored in Windows;
- Step 1) Download the Cain and Abel tool.
- Download Cain & Abel from the link provided above.
- Open Cain and Abel.
- Step 2) Select the Decoders tab and choose Wireless passwords.
- Ensure that the Decoders tab is selected then click on Wireless Passwords from the navigation menu on the left-hand side
- Click on the button with a plus sign
- Step 3) The passwords will be shown.
- Assuming you have connected to a secured wireless network before, you will get results similar to the ones shown below
- Step 4) Get the passwords along with encryption type and SSID.
- The decoder will show you the encryption type, SSID and the password that was used.
WiFi networks are scattered all around you and most can easily be accessed without any restrictions. However, there are a lot of WiFi networks that are protected by strong passwords and cannot be accessed until you input the passwords or passphrases. WiFi security is of different types and has a varying degree of strength and accessibility. Almost all types of WiFi security can be hacked and breached by intruders.
If you are trying to gain access to a restricted WiFi network, there are various ways you can do that depending on whether you have connected to the Wifi network in the past or not. These simplest among these methods have been explained in this article and you can use them without needing an expert’s help. Hopefully, you have been able to use these methods to successfully hack a WiFi password.
Don’t Miss It:
- How to Hack My Neighbors WiFi on My Phone – Easy Ways
- How to Hack Free Straight Talk Service – Easy Ways
- How to Hack Someones Phone Remotely for Free
- How to Free Cell Phone Service Hack Verizon