IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number is a unique 15 digit number that serves as your mobile phone’s serial number. Every phone has its own unique IMEI number and this number can be used in multiple security verifications like identifying a phone’s manufacturer, model number and country of origin. This number can also be used to determine whether a phone has been reported missing or stolen.
You can also use the IMEI number to blocklist the stolen device so that an intruder will not be able to access its network, even if they change the phone’s SIM card. A device’s IMEI can be found either on the phone’s packaging, on the battery, or by dialing *#06# on the phone.
In a lot of countries like the United States, you can get premium phones at discounted prices or with special offers by buying them from cell carriers like AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon and more. The catch however is that the cell phones come locked onto the carrier’s network. This means that you will not be able to switch carriers or swap SIM cards as long as the phone is locked onto the carrier’s network.
The only way you can do that is by unlocking your phone and this is a process that most people know nothing about. You can unlock your mobile phone using your IMEI number, by contacting the carrier or phone manufacturer, or by using third party applications.
This article will focus on guiding you through all the ways you can easily unlock your mobile phone by using your IMEI number.
- How can I Unlock my Phone with IMEI Number for Free
- How to Unlock Phone Free with IMEI Number – 100% Safe Unlocking Process
- How to Check if a Phone is Unlocked IMEI Free
- How to Unlock a Samsung Phone for free with an IMEI Number
- How to Check the Phone Carrier by IMEI Free
- Don’t Miss It:
- Frequently Asked Questions
How can I Unlock my Phone with IMEI Number for Free
Unlocking your mobile phone gives you the freedom to change networks whenever you want in the US. It is also important to have an unlocked phone when you are traveling because you can buy the local SIM card of any country and use it on your mobile phone. That would be a lot cheaper than having to pay the fee that accompanies international calls. There are various methods by which you can unlock your phone using your phone’s unique IMEI.
Your mobile phone’s IMEI number is the most important factor while you are trying to unlock your mobile phone. You can use this number to unlock your mobile phone by directly contacting your carrier through the customer service, or getting free online network codes by using third party software.
Before Unlocking your Mobile Phone using IMEI; There are things that you need to do first. These are:
- Check Your IMEI number: How you check your device’s IMEI number depends on what type of device you have. On both Android, iOS and Windows, you can check the IMEI through USSD by Dialling *#06#. You will get a pop up message with your IMEI number. On your Android, you can also check the IMEI number by going to “Settings” and tapping on “About Phone”. On iPhone, you can find the IMEI number by going to “Settings” and clicking on “General”. In “About”, your IMEI will be located down the page.
- Check The Phone’s Blacklist Status: After you’ve checked your phone’s IMEI, you need to use this “Number” to check the “Device’s blacklist status” and find out if your phone is actually carrier locked. If your phone has been blacklisted, you will not be able to unlock your device.
After checking this important information, you can go ahead and unlock your mobile phone using IMEI number.
How to Unlock Phone Free with IMEI Number – 100% Safe Unlocking Process
1. Contacting Your Carrier Directly
The easiest and best method of unlocking your carrier-locked mobile phone is by contacting the carrier through the customer service and requesting an unlock code. Each carrier has its own process and criteria for assessing eligibility for unlocking phones.
- The first thing you need to do is contact the customer service center of the carrier and tell them that you would like to unlock your phone. The service agent will ask you for information like your name, IMEI number, account number, phone number, etc.
- Your unlock request will be processed after confirming your identity.
- If your request has been approved, you will get an unlock code from your carrier within 30 days. Instructions on how to use the code will be included.
You can then proceed to using your unlocked phone on any carrier of your choice.
- Official method of unlocking devices.
- Private and secure unlock process.
- High guarantee of unlock success.
- A lot of formalities involved in the process.
- Carrier limitations.
- Might take weeks before unlocking takes effect.
2. Through Third Party Software
If you are not able to unlock your carrier-locked mobile phone through the carrier customer service, then your next option will be to use third party applications that will use your IMEI number to unlock your device. These softwares will provide you with unlock codes that will free your mobile phone from the cell carriers.
There are a lot of options available when it comes to selecting the software you would like to choose. All it takes is a single Google search and you will get hundreds of results containing websites that claim to unlock your phone. It is important to research and make sure that the site you are going to use is legit and will not expose your mobile phone to virus and malware.
A lot of these softwares require a fee, but some are actually free. The legit sites require a payment and that is fair because there is a high guarantee of success and you will only need to unlock your mobile phone once.
Some of the best free phone unlocking softwares that you can find on the internet include:
- Unlock My Phone – TheUnlockr
- Unlock Base
- Free unlocks
The above mentioned sites are legit and they all make use of your IMEI number to generate an unlock code that you can use to unlock your mobile phone.
- Easy to launch and operate.
- Compatible with almost all devices.
- Faster phone unlocking process.
- Low guarantee of unlocking success.
- Some softwares are too expensive.
- High risk of external virus and malware attack.
- Might require a secondary device.
How to Check if a Phone is Unlocked IMEI Free
You can check if your mobile phone is unlocked by contacting the carrier and asking for unlock status of your phone. You will be requested to provide your IMEI number which they will use to check if the phone is unlocked or not. You can also easily check if your phone is unlocked by inputting a different SIM card and seeing if it will work on the phone.
How to Unlock a Samsung Phone for free with an IMEI Number
You can unlock your Samsung phone for free using your IMEI number by using; DoctorSIM and Wondershare or Dr. Fone third party software that will generate unlock codes that will unlock your Samsung phone by using your IMEI number.
How to Check the Phone Carrier by IMEI Free
You can check your phone’s carrier through the device’s IMEI number by using applications and websites like; DoctorSIM, imei, imeicheck, imeipro, imei24, unlockboot, etc. These methods are free and only require your IMEI number.
Unlocking your carrier-locked mobile phone is very important because it frees you from the carrier and allows you to change carriers whenever you want. Carrier-locked phones are definitely cheaper to buy, but the restrictions and the effort it takes to break these restrictions are not worth it. This is why it is much easier to buy an unlocked phone and use the carrier of your choice.
There are various ways of unlocking your carrier-locked mobile phone and these methods which include contacting your cell carrier directly or using third party software has been explained in detail in this article. Contacting your cell carrier directly is the easiest option, but there are conditions that you might not be able to fulfill.
In that case, the third party applications are a really good alternative and are a much faster method of unlocking your mobile phone. Hopefully, this article has been able to help you unlock your carrier-locked mobile phone using your IMEI number.
Don’t Miss It:
- How To Unlock A Network Locked Phone For Free
- How To Unlock A T-Mobile Phone For Free
- How To Unlock An AT&T Phone Yourself For Free
- Top 10 Best Free Phone Unlocking Software
- 10 Best Clearance Unlocked Cell Phones