We are nowadays always staying connected to the internet, via our phones or our computer, and through Wifi connection or cellular connection. We rely on internet connection too much that there is a saying “Home is where Wifi connects automatically”.
Have you encountered a situation where your wifi automatically connects for such a long time, until you get a new phone, a new computer, or a new tablet, and you cannot remember nor seem to be able to how to find wifi password on iPhone anywhere?.
This happens a lot, and sometimes it is a problem because unlike some Android phones which can show you your wifi passwords in the settings, iPhones do not do that. iPhones have heightened security measures to avoid viruses and privacy leaks, hence they also do not display wifi passwords.
They also do not have an option for you to share the wifi via a QR code that other devices can scan to connect to the wifi, like what Xiaomi phones have. How the iPhone deal with wifi passwords is more secure, but also less convenient.
For most of us, noting down our wifi password is not our habit, and we all have too many logs in detail that we are very unlikely to remember the password for something we use the most often–wifi. So how do you connect your new devices to your home wifi or share your wifi password with others it did not write it down somewhere?.
One option is to share your hotspot with other devices. This, however, will drain your phone’s battery, and it is inconvenient to always have to connect through hotspots. The hotspot can also be a problem if your mobile plan does not come with unlimited data.
You can also keep connecting to the internet via a mobile network, but that would not work for your tablets and laptops. Luckily, there are now ways to retrieve your iPhone password after you have forgotten it. Check out our guide to retrieve your wifi password from your iPhone without jailbreaking below.
How to Find WiFi Password On iPhone – Step by Step Guide
1. Using the Router IP Address
You can view the passwords of the wifi networks you are connected to using the router’s IP passwords. It looks complicated, but follow the steps and you will be able to see your wifi passwords in no time.
How to View Wifi Password Using the Router Method:
- Open Settings on your iPhone and go to the Wi-Fi setting.
- Click on the information icon next to the wifi name. This will open the details of the wifi network.
- Tap on the tab called “DHCP”.
- You will see the IP address on the row called “Router”.
- Launch the internet browser on your phone, it could be Safari or Google Chrome.
- Type in the IP address and enter. This will take you to the router login page.
- For most router models, the default login is both “admin” for username and password.
- Click on the “Wireless settings” tab.
- You will see a Wireless Security option. Click on the entry that says Security Key. This should reveal your password.
- Fast and easy to use
- Do not need to use a computer or other devices
- Does not work if you have changed your router login details before
- Only work for the wifi network you are currently connected to and not the ones you connected to in the past.
2. Using iCloud Keychain
iCloud Keychain contains all the passwords you have ever entered into your device. It can be used to access wifi passwords and other login details that you have entered into your iPhone.
You need to sync your passwords on your iPhone with iCloud Keychains in order to use this method. Below is a detailed instruction on how to use this method to get your passwords.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone, tap on your name, and tap iCloud.
- Turn on the iCloud Keychain toggle.
- Wait a few minutes for the syncing to finish.
- Go to “System Preferences” on your Macbook.
- Click on iCloud. Click on the checkbox in front of Keychain to enable it.
- Go to the Launchpad and launch the Keychain Access app.
- Type the name of the wifi network you want to view the password for into the search box. Click on the wifi network to view its details.
- Click on the “Show password” checkbox to view the password.
- Enter your Keychain password and the password will be shown.
- Able to view any passwords you have used.
- Easy and fast
- Need a Macbook, so this will not work if you only use an iPhone.
3. Using Third-Party Apps
If the two methods above do not work, you can use third-party apps to see your password. There are some apps that allow you to easily obtain your forgotten password from your iPhone.
1. Tenorshare 4Mekey
A software that allows you to view and export all passwords on your iPhone within a few minutes.
How to use:
- Download the app on your computer and install it as instructed
- Connect your iPhone to your computer
- Click on “Start Scan” to scan your iPhone for passwords
- Click on “Export” to export your passwords onto your computer.
- View the export file to see your passwords
- Works on both iPhone and iPad.
- It is the first of these apps in the market.
- Rated the best iOS password finder.
- Can recover websites and app login passwords for Gmail, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Hotmail, etc.
- Compatible with both Mac & Windows, and work on all iOS devices and models.
- Have a one-time download fee of $15.95.
2. PassFab iOS Password Manager
A powerful software that can retrieve your lost passwords with a few clicks.
How to use:
- Install the software on your computer
- Connect your iPhone to your computer
- Scan and view your passwords
- Compatible with any Windows and Mac laptops.
- Work on any iPhone, iPad, and iPod models.
- It can also retrieve your screen passcode, websites & apps, emails, apple ID passwords, and credit card details.
- There is a one-time download fee of $15.95 or a limited free trial.
A simple software specifically designed to retrieve forgotten wifi passwords.
How to use:
- Download the app from Cydia & install it.
- Enter the Network MAC and click “Generate Key”.
- It can also crack the password of any wireless router to give you internet access.
- Free and easy to use.
- Only compatible with iOS 4, 5 and 6.
A powerful & easy to use the application to get the forgotten passwords.
How to use:
- Download the app from the App Store
- Go to “Vault Details” and click on “Reveal Passwords”
- It also stores all your passwords and stores them as a digital vault to keep your passwords secure.
- Free for iOS
- Powerful & easy to use
- Some features need premium access, which costs $9.99.
- Only work for passwords you entered since you started using the app, not before that.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How to find wifi password?
A: For iPhone, you cannot view your wifi password directly, but there are 3 methods you can use to get a wifi password:
- Through the router IP method: Find out your router’s IP address on your phone settings. Go to your internet browser and key in the IP address. Log in to your router by using “admin” as a username and “admin” as a password. Go to Wireless Settings to view your password.
- Through iCloud Keychain: Enable Keychain on your iPhone. Go to your Macbook and open your Keychain Access app. Search for the wifi network you want to view the password for and click Show Password.
- Through third-party apps: There are apps like TenorShare 4Mekey, PassFab iOS Password Manager, or DIssid to view your wifi passwords.
- For Android 10 and above, you can view the password directly on your phone by going to Settings -> Wifi. Choose the wifi network you want to view the password for and click on “Share”. A QR code will appear with the password beneath it.
- For Android 9 and below, you need to use a root app such as Wifi Password Viewer.
- To find wifi passwords for any wifi, you can use apps such as Wifi Password, Wifi WPS WPA Tester, or WPS Connect.
Q: How to turn off find my iPhone without a password?
A: You can use apps such as LockWiper, which allows you to disable Find My iPhone using your laptop. You can also follow the steps below to turn off Find My iPhone directly:
- Go to “Settings” on your phone and open iCloud.
- If you are asked to enter your password, type in any random combination.
- Click on Cancel when receiving the message saying your password is incorrect.
- Click on Account and erase the description. After this step, Find my iPhone is already turned off.
Alternatively, to turn off Find My iPhone without a password, you can reset your Apple password first and then turn off the Find My iPhone feature. You can do that by going to your phone’s settings, click on your name, then go to “Password & Security”. Select the “Change Password” option. After changing your password, you can turn off Find My iPhone.
Q: How to find my wifi password?
A: There are 3 methods to view your wifi password if you are using iPhone:
- Through iCloud Keychain: Enable the Keychain syncing on your phone. Search for the wifi network you want to view the password for on your Keychain Access app on Macbook and click Show Password.
- If you do not use a Macbook, you can use the router’s IP method: Find out your router’s IP address on your phone settings. Go to your internet browser and key in the IP address. Log in to your router by using “admin” as a username and “admin” as a password. Go to Wireless Settings to view your password.
- Through third-party apps: If the above 2 methods do not work, you can use apps like TenorShare 4Mekey, PassFab iOS Password Manager, or DIssid to view your wifi passwords.
For Android 10 and Above:
You can view the password on your phone by going to Settings -> Wifi. Choose the wifi network you want to view the password for and click on “Share”. A QR code will appear with the password beneath it
For Android 9 and Below:
You need to use a root app such as Wifi Password Viewer. It is a free mobile app that will root your phone and display your passwords instantly.
Q: What is my wifi password?
A: If you forget the password for your wifi, there are some ways in which you can retrieve your password quickly and easily.
For iPhone Users:
You can use some applications such as PassFab iOS Password Manager or TenorShare 4Mekey. You can also use Keychain on your Macbook to view your password. If you have never changed your router log-in before, you can enter your router’s IP address onto your internet browser and log in with “admin” as both username and password to view your wifi password.
For Android Users:
If your phone is running on Android 10 and above, you can view your wifi password in your settings. Go to your wifi session in the settings, choose the wifi network you want to view the password for and click on “Share”. A QR code will appear with the password beneath it.
If your phone is running on Android 9 and below, you will need to use third-party rooting apps such as Wifi Password Viewer. The app is free and simple to use, but it will require the rooting of your phone.
If you have forgotten your wifi password, you do not need to panic. Nowadays there are many ways through which you can retrieve your passwords, not just for wifi, but for any other passwords you have entered into your phone. You do not need to be a hacker to find your passwords, it is now can be done within 5 minutes without hacking or programming needed.