Qlink is an American telecommunications company that is among the fastest growing Lifeline cell phone providers. It offers its services to more than 97% of the United States with strong reliable coverage through the T-Mobile network. Qlink offers Lifeline-eligible subscribers with unlimited free monthly voice minutes, unlimited text, picture, and video messaging, about 4.5GB monthly data, free Qlink wireless mobile phones and tablets with no monthly bills, fees and no contracts.
You do not get to select the type of free phone you’ll receive from qlink but you do have the option to upgrade to a better model if you want. Usually, the phones given by qlink are low or mid-range budget android phones from companies that include Alcatel, HTC, LG, Samsung, Motorola, etc.
You also have the option to bring your own phone (BYOP) to get the qlink Lifeline hundred percent free wireless service. You are eligible for free service from qlink if you participate in certain government assistance programs like SNAP, Medicaid, etc or you can qualify based on your household income, which should be below or at 135% US federal poverty guidelines.
The need to replace your qlink free phone may arise due to a couple of reasons. In the occasion where your qlink phone is lost or stolen, you have the option to request for a phone replacement as soon as possible. If your phone is broken or damaged and you have your one-year warranty available, you’ll be able to get a refurbished phone of the same model as replacement.
You can also utilise this service if you need an upgrade from your older cell phone model. If your request is approved, a new qlink cell phone will be sent to you with little to no charges.
In this article, you’ll be able to learn how to request for a qlink wireless phone replacement. Keep reading and we will guide you through the series of detailed steps involved.
- How to Get a QLink Wireless Replacement Phone
- How to Replace your Lost or Stolen QLink Wireless Phone
- How to Replace your Damaged QLink Wireless Phone
- How to Get a Replacement Using Qlink BYOP
- How to Upgrade a QLink Wireless Phone
- How to Activate your QLink Wireless Phone
- Don’t Miss It:
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to Get a QLink Wireless Replacement Phone
Qlink offers a replacement phone to users whose Qlink phones have been lost, reported stolen, or damaged. If you are going through any of the mentioned situations, then you can request for a replacement phone from Qlink. However, getting this replacement phone is not free of charge, and a nominal charge is required.
To qualify for a Qlink replacement phone, you need to be eligible based on the terms and conditions that include:
- You must be Lifeline-eligible.
- You must have an American citizenship.
- Above the legal age of 18.
Before you begin the process of getting your cell phone replaced, you need to have these information in hand:
- The serial number of your lost phone.
- Evidence proving that Qlink was your previous service provider.
- Your social security number.
You need to be aware of some Qlink requirements and policies regarding the phone replacement as well. These include:
- Ensuring that your free service has not been inactive for 30 days, because federal guidelines require Lifeline to shut down services of a cell phone that has not been active for 30 days.
- Qlink will not be responsible for any charges that were made between the time you lost your phone to the time you reported its absence. Make sure you report your phone stolen/lost to Qlink immediately.
- Qlink phone replacement is not a free service and you will be required to pay $25 as phone replacement fee. However, phone replacement is free if you bring your own device along, as long as it is compatible with Qlink services.
- The replacement phones given by Qlink are not new, but refurbished phones in good condition.
How to Replace your Lost or Stolen QLink Wireless Phone
To process a phone replacement from Qlink Wireless, you need to do the following:
- The first thing you need to do after noticing the absence of your phone is dialing the customer service through 855-754-6543 or sending an email to Qlink at support qlinkwirelees
- Make sure you input your phone number, name and enrollment ID in the subject section of the email.
- Your lost cell phone will then be deactivated to avoid any exploitation of your account.
- The company representatives may want to investigate the loss of your phone so you should be as cooperative as possible with details.
- A charge fee of $25 will be required as payment for the replacement phone.
- Your new phone will be shipped and you will be able to receive it after about 24 hours following the payment receipt.
- You will also receive a free package that includes 1 month of unlimited voice minutes and 1GB of free data.
How to Replace your Damaged QLink Wireless Phone
If your phone gets damaged or broken beyond repair, you can utilise the one-year warranty that Qlink offers its subscribers for the replacement of damaged/defective devices. You will be able to obtain warranty service from Qlink Wireless by contacting the customer service by dialing *611 or 1-855-754-6543.
Before approving your replacement request, the Qlink representatives will investigate and make sure that the phone did not get damaged due to carelessness. A replacement fee of $25 will be requested to cover the price of the replacement phone.
However, the replacement is free of charge if the phone was already damaged when you received it for the first time. If that’s the case, it is imperative that you report the damage within 14 days after the delivery date.
How to Get a Replacement Using Qlink BYOP
It is much easier and comfortable to carry on with a cell phone that you are used to, rather than having to use a new phone that doesn’t come with the features of your old phone. This is why qlink ensures that you can also bring your own phone as a replacement device, as long as the phone is compatible with qlink services and it is not leased or locked onto another service carrier.
- Visit the Qlink website to check if your phone is compatible.
- You will be prompted to input your device’s IMEI number which can be found on the box of your phone or through dialing *#06#.
- If you’re eligible, you can then apply to swap to Qlink wireless service from your previous provider.
- You do not need to pay the $25 replacement fee if you bring your own phone and you will be provided with a free SIM card which you should then activate.
How to Upgrade a QLink Wireless Phone
The free phones you get from Qlink initially are usually basic and low budget phones which is why overtime, you might get the urge to to replace it with a newer model. Upgrading your phone means you can have access to a phone with a superior quality and more enhanced performance than your previous model. The type of cell phone you will receive, however, will depend on what type of devices are available at Qlink.
To upgrade your Qlink phone, visit the Qlink online phone store at: qlinkwireless members Login. and choose a device you would like to upgrade to from a wide selection of different cell phones and click on ‘Buy Now’ to process the payment. You will need to be logged in to the website before you can make the purchase. Upgrading your Qlink free phone is not free but you get good cell phones from Qlink at discounted prices for as low as $25 depending on the quality of the device. The more advanced the cell phone, the pricier it will be.
The Qlink replacement phones you get might not be new from the factory, but they do come in good condition and packed with essential modern cell phone features and good performance. After obtaining your Qlink Wireless replacement device, the next step is activating the newly collected cell phone. You will need to activate your new cell phone if you are using a new SIM card along with it. The new mobile phone must be activated within 30 days of collection or your Qlink account might get deactivated.
How to Activate your QLink Wireless Phone
Now that you’ve gotten your new Qlink replacement phone, you will be required to activate it. In case you already have an active Qlink SIM card, you do not need to activate it. You can just place it into the cell phone and begin using it. Before you start the activation process, you need to check to see if your phone is ready for a new SIM card through the Qlink website.
Afterwards, you can proceed by following the following instructions:
- In the SIM Card Kit you got, there’s everything you need for the SIM instalation process. Select the SIM size that will fit the SIM tray of your cell phone.
- Insert the SIM card into the cell phone’s SIM slot or tray and turn on your cell phone.
- Next, you need to reset your phone by accessing the cell phone’s settings app.
- On your Android cell phone, go to ‘Settings’ and access ‘Reset’ or ‘Network Settings’. Click on the ‘Network Reset’ option and follow the instructions.
- On your iPhone device, go to your ‘Settings’ app and click on ‘General’. Scroll down until you see ‘Reset’, then click on ‘Network Reset Settings’. Input your cell phone’s password and confirm the resetting process.
- Next, you transfer your phone number into the device. This process might take 20 minutes to one day to process, so it is advisable to do so at a time when you don’t need to use your phone.
- Download the Qlink My Mobile Account App from the Google play store for Android or the Appstore for iPhone and make sure to follow all the instructions. Log into the application using your qlink phone number. The application will help you in managing your account. You can also manage your account by making a visit to Qlink account webpage portal
- To find out about your Qlink phone number, you can find it in your phone’s settings. In your Android, go to Settings > About Phone > About Device > Status > My Phone Number. In your iPhone, go to Contacts > My card.
- You can also activate your SIM card by contacting qlink’s customer care service at 1-855-754-6543 and you will be guided through the activation process.
- Your Qlink SIM card can also be activated through qlink’s activation webpage at: qlinkwireless activate by following the instructions provided.
After activating your newly acquired Qlink replacement phone, your Lifeline benefit will be transferred automatically. If your new cell phone has not been activated within 30 days, your Qlink Lifeline service might be revoked. So make sure you prioritise activating your replacement phone the moment you collect it.
There are many telecommunication service providers in America and there is no doubt that qlink is among the best with its generous free lifeline services and its strong and reliable nationwide network coverage through T-Mobile. qlink offers one of the best free packages in the US to its subscribers which includes a free qlink cell phone, unlimited voice and text plans, up to 4GB of free monthly data, all under no contracts or service fee.
You also have the option to easily apply for a replacement cell phone in case your free Qlink device is lost, stolen or irreparably broken. You can also upgrade your cell phone if you are in need of a newer model with better specifications, build and overall performance. In this article, we discussed all the processes through which you can successfully obtain your replacement cell phone from Qlink Wireless.
Hopefully, the detailed information we provided was able to help you through the simple processes of replacing and activating your qlink Wireless cell phone.
Don’t Miss It:
- How To Replace Assurance Wireless Phone – A Complete Guide
- How To Safelink Broken Phone Replacement – Easy Ways
- How To Activate New Phone Verizon – Easy Methods