Are you having a bad day after forgetting your password, pattern, pin, or passcode and wondering how you can unlock your phone? You don’t need to worry; we all forget our phone’s password or pattern. Securing our phones and keeping our data private using passwords or patterns is essential. But forgetting it becomes one of the nightmares and a headache trying to remember. We are all used to our phones to perform various tasks, from checking on our friends, getting the latest updates, and managing our work.
You will feel you are in the dark without accessing your phone. You don’t have to worry much if you can’t recall your password or pattern. There are various ways to unlock your phone without a password or pattern.
Are you Sure you Forgot It?
Before diving into the whole process of trying to unlock your phone, you should consider checking again. Are you sure you forgot it? If the answer is yes, try and exhaust various passwords, you can remember. Consider remembering whether you recently changed your password or pattern.
We usually set our passwords using the names of our favorite stuff or our names, phone numbers, and specific unique numbers we can remember. Try all the guesses before deciding to try unlocking your phone. Depending on the phone or screen lock options, it might be a longer exercise.
What Can I Do if I Forget my Screen Lock PIN, Pattern or Password?
You could try to do various things if you forgot your screen lock pattern, password, or pin. Before considering other options to unlock your phone, try to remember the most likely password, pattern, or pin you could have used. Make a few guesses as you try to unlock your phone.
We have that password, pattern, or pin we have repeated a couple of times on almost all devices we have owned, time to try it. Remember if you recently changed your password or pattern. Double-check if your phone is asking for a password or pin. If all fails, it is time to try a couple of methods to bypass your phone’s password or pattern through the following ways.
How to Unlock A Phone When you Forgot Your Password?
1) Using Google Account
It is one of the simplest methods to use if you had previously linked your phone with your Google account. Use the following steps to unlock your phone using your Google account.
- Start by making several attempts by either keying in your PIN, Pattern or Password. Make several attempts until it displays forgot password.
- Tap on Forgot password option and follow the directions given.
- Input your Google account details and click next.
- Enter your password and click on sign in to continue.
- Follow the instructions given on how to reset a new password or pattern.
2) Using Standard Mode
Standard mode is an Android Unlock software you install on your computer and use to unlock your phone. Follow the following steps to unlock your Android device:
- Download and install Android Unlock on your personal computer.
- Launch Android Unlock and select the option of screen unlock.
- Using a USD data cable, link your phone to your computer.
- On your computer, tap on Unlock Android screen and proceed to input your phone’s brand, model, and name.
- Switch off your phone and simultaneously press the power and volume up buttons.
- Select the option of download mode using either button of the volume and press enter.
- After downloading the recovery package, you can remove your screen lock.
3) Using Factory Reset
It should be the last choice to consider if all others fail. Using a factory reset will delete all the data from your phone. But if you have no other choice, you can use this method. It is important to remember that this method may vary depending on your phone’s brand. But for most phones, use the following steps:
- Start by switching off your phone.
- Press the power and volume up buttons for at least 10 seconds or until a menu appears on your screen.
- Scroll to the option of factory reset using the volume keys.
- Press the power button to start the factory reset.
- Your phone will lose all its files and settings. Follow the instructions given to start up your phone.
4) Using Android Device Manager
If you had previously enabled Android Device Manager, follow the following steps to unlock your phone:
- On another phone or computer, visit Google.com/android/device manager.
- Input your Google account details to sign in.
- Search for the android device manager option.
- Select the lock option; create a new password that you will use to unlock your phone.
- A confirmation icon will pop up; tap on the lock option to lock your device.
- Enter the newly created password on your locked phone.
5) Using Backup Pin
Your phone might have requested you to set a backup pin when setting your password, pattern, or pin. If you had set one and luckily recall it, it is time to use it. Use the following steps to unlock your phone using the backup pin:
- Make several attempts keying in your password, pin, or inputting your pattern until you see the Forgot Password option.
- Tap on the forgot password icon.
- Select the option to use your backup pin.
- After keying in your backup pin, your phone will be ready for use. Remember to set up a new password or pattern.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Can I Unlock a Locked Android Phone Remotely?
There are several ways you can unlock it remotely by using a computer or another phone to unlock your phone remotely. You can use Android Device Manager, Google account, Third-party software, or Android Unlocks. You can use your Android Device manager by Visiting the Google android device manager website on your computer or phone.
How to Unlock your Android Phone Password without a Factory Reset?
You will lose your data and phone setting if you use factory reset to unlock your phone. There are better options, such as the Android Unlock method, Android Device Manager, a Google account linked to your phone, or a backup pin.
How to Universal Unlock Pin for Android?
Not sure there is a universal unlock pin for Android, but there are several universal unlock methods you can use on almost all android devices. You can choose to use your backup pin, Google account, Android Device Manager, and factory data reset, among other methods.
What to Do if you Forget Your Android Phone Password?
I recommend you try to remember and exhaust all the passwords you can remember. If that doesn’t work, use the following methods to try and unlock your phone. Try a backup pin by making several attempts until you see the icon or forgot the password, tap on and select backup pin. You can also use your Google account, Android Device Manager or the Android Unlock software you can download and install on your phone.
How to Unlock Any Phone Password with Ease?
There are several methods you can use to unlock your phone. The simplest way is a backup pin if you have set one. If you don’t have much to lose, you can use a factory data reset; it is simple and quick. You can also try using your goggle account or try Android Device Manager.
How to Unlock an Android Phone with a Google Account?
Start by making several attempts until forgot password icon appears. Tap on it and select reset password with your Google account. Input your Google account details and click next and enter your password and click on sign in to continue. Follow the instructions on resetting your password or pattern, and you are ready to use your phone again.
How to Unlock any Phone Password without Losing Data?
If you don’t want to lose your data, don’t try the factory reset as a way to unlock your phone. Preferably use methods such as Android Device Manager, Google Account, or using the Android Unlock software you can install on your computer.
What Ways to Unlock a Phone when you Forget the Password?
You can use various methods to unlock your phone after forgetting your password. Try the backup pin if you had set one. You can also use your google account; after several attempts, click on the forgot password and select the Google account option. You can also opt to use Android Device Manager or Android Unlock.
How to Unlock an LG Phone that Forgot its Password without Losing Data?
You can unlock your LG phone through several methods, such as your Google account, forgotten pattern/ password option, and follow the instructions or a third-party software. Google account is simple if you had linked your phone by using another phone or computer, go to Google’s Find My Device, select your LG phone, and select the lock option to set a new password.
How to Wipe iPhone without a Passcode?
iPhones are hard to bypass, but there are a few ways you can wipe them without a passcode. You wipe it out using its Find My; if you have its Apple ID by using another computer to log into iCloud, then Find My, select all devices on top of the map and erase data option.
You can also rest by using the recovery mode, by pressing the Home and sleep button simultaneously until Recovery Screen pops up. Press Volume down and sleep buttons, select Ok on iTunes, then summarize and choose restore the phone.
How to Unlock your Android Phone if you Forgot the Pin?
You can use the following methods, Google account, Factory reset, Android Device Manager, Android Unlock/standard mode, or a backup pin.
How to Unlock the Android Phone Pattern Lock if Forgotten?
The methods are slightly similar. You can try to use the following methods, Google account, Factory reset, Android Device Manager, or Android Unlock/standard mode.
To Conclusion, it is usual to forget your phone’s pattern, PIN or password; most people do, and you don’t have to worry about it. Suppose you can’t remember after several attempts; try to figure out the best and most straightforward method to unlock your phone. I hope the above methods were of great help.