How to Unlock Screen Rotation on iPhone? Like most iPhone users, you’ve probably been frustrated by the inability to use your phone in landscape mode. Whether trying to watch a movie or type a message with two hands, it’s annoying when the screen won’t rotate.
Thankfully, several methods for unlocking screen rotation on iPhone are easy to follow. This post will outline the three best techniques for getting your phone working in the orientation you want. Keep reading to learn more!
iPhone Screen Rotation
As with other phone models, iPhones have screen rotation locked by default. This is done to prevent accidental changes in orientation when the phone is moved around. While this can be helpful in some situations, it can also be frustrating when you want to use your phone in landscape mode and can’t.
How to Unlock Screen Rotation on iPhone – Easy Ways
There are a few different ways to unlock screen rotation on iPhone so that you can use it how you want it to without getting frustrated or disappointed with your phone.
1. Through Your Phone Settings
- The first thing you need to do is go to your “Settings” and then tap on the “General” option. After that, scroll down and find the “Accessibility” button. When you’ve seen it, tap on it.
- Once in the Accessibility settings, scroll down until you see the “Accessibility Shortcut” option. Tap on it and then select the “Rotate Screen” option. This will allow you to quickly unlock screen rotation on your iPhone by triple-clicking the “Home” button whenever you need to.
- If you don’t want to use the Accessibility Shortcut, there’s another method you can try. Go back to your “Settings” and select the “Display & Brightness” option. Then, find the “View” option and tap on it.
- You’ll see an option in the View menu that says “Standard.” Tap on this to change your iPhone’s display to widescreen mode. Once you do this, the screen rotation will be unlocked, and you’ll be able to use your phone in landscape mode.
- If you want to be able to use your phone in both landscape and portrait mode, there’s one more setting you can change. Go to the “Display & Brightness” menu and find the “Display Zoom” option. Tap on it and then select the “Zoomed” option.
This will allow you to use your iPhone in both portrait and landscape mode. The only downside is that it will make everything on your screen appear more prominent.
2. Through Third-Party Apps
Another method how to unlock rotation on iPhone is to use a third-party app. There are several apps available that will allow you to change the way your screen rotates. Some of these apps are free, while others require a small fee. One of the most popular apps is iRotate, which can be downloaded from the App Store. Once you’ve installed it, launch the app and follow the simple instructions to unlock screen rotation on your iPhone.
There are several other apps available that you can use to unlock screen rotation on your iPhone. However, iRotate is one of the most popular and straightforward. Another great third-party app to use on how to rotate screen on iPhones is the Landscape Lock app. The app is accessible on the App Store, allowing you to quickly unlock screen rotation with just a few taps.
Launch the app and tap on the “Enable Landscape Lock” button to use the app. This will allow you to use your iPhone in landscape mode without going into your “Settings” and changing any options. These third-party apps are indeed helpful in getting the job done. However, if you want a more permanent solution, it is recommended that you follow the first method.
3. Restarting Your Phone
If you’re still having trouble unlocking screen rotation on your iPhone, you can try restarting your phone. To do this,
- Press and then hold the available “Sleep/Wake” button until the “Slide to Power Off” slider appears.
- Drag the slider to the right to power off your phone.
- Once your phone is turned off, press and hold down the “Aforementioned Sleep/Wake” button once again, and do it until the Apple logo appears.
- This will restart your phone and hopefully fix the problem.
4. Resetting Your Phone
If restarting your phone doesn’t work, you can try resetting it. To do this,
- Go to your “Settings” and select the “General” option.
- Scroll down until you see the “Reset” option and tap on it.
- In the “Reset” menu, select the “Reset All Settings” option.
- This will reset your phone’s factory settings and hopefully fix the problem.
However, before you reset your phone, it is essential to note that this will delete all your data and settings. Therefore, it is recommended that you backup your phone before you reset it.
Other Things You Must Know
Unlocking screen rotation on your iPhone is a relatively simple process. However, you should keep a few things in mind before doing it. First, it is essential to note that unlocking screen rotation will decrease your phone’s battery life. This is because the extra processing power required to rotate the screen will use more battery power. Therefore, it is recommended that you only unlock screen rotation when you need to use it and lock it when you’re not using it.
In addition, some apps might not work correctly in Landscape mode. This is because they are designed for use in portrait mode. Therefore, it is essential to test your apps in landscape mode before you use them. If an app doesn’t work correctly. If you find that an app isn’t working properly in landscape mode, you can try restarting your phone or resetting it.
Finally, it is essential to note that unlocking screen rotation is only possible on specific iPhone models. The iPhone 5, 5s, 6, and 6s cannot be unlocked. You must use a third-party app to unlock screen rotation if you have one of these models.
You should also remember that unlocking screen rotation will decrease your phone’s battery life and that some apps might not work correctly in landscape mode. Final Says, Hopefully, this post has helped you learn how to unlock screen rotation on iPhone. With these easy methods, you’ll be able to use your phone in the orientation you want without any frustration. Give them a try today!