How to activate boost mobile phone without paying? Boost Mobile is a large wireless phone service provider company in America and Australia that delivers affordable mobile phone plans that are well known for being cheap, with its price range starting from as low as $15. With high speed data, unlimited voice and text plans and unlimited streaming plans, Boost Mobile offers you everything you would want in a cell phone service carrier.
Also, Boost Mobile provides you with a wide selection of latest premium and budget phones from top brands at very affordable prices. You can use Boost Mobile plans through an existing cell phone, you can buy a new phone from Boost Mobile.
You cannot use your Boost Mobile cell phone if you have not activated it because no phone can operate without a network connection. Boost Mobile phones usually come along with a SIM card that contains all the necessary user information. To use the SIM card, you need to first activate it. Until the phone is activated, all services are restricted except for calls to BoostCare or 911.
To find out how to activate your Boost Mobile phone without paying any fees, keep reading and follow all the detailed steps mentioned in this article.
What is Activation
Activation is the process of registering your phone with your cellular provider and setting up your account and services. This is typically done when you first purchase your phone and sign up for a service plan. During the activation process, you may be asked to provide personal information, such as your name and address, as well as credit card information to pay for your service. Once your phone is activated, you will be able to make and receive calls and texts, use data, and access other features of your service plan.
How to Activate Boost Mobile Phone without Paying
You can activate both new and used Boost Mobile phone without paying. However, before activating an old Boost phone, you should first check the phone’s service status. Boost Mobile also gives you the option to use a non-Boost phone to activate Boost Mobile as long as the phone is unlocked. Apart from visiting the store, you can activate your Boost Mobile through the online activation portal or by calling the Boost customer service.
Before you activate your Boost Mobile phone, you need to first have a SIM card in hand. Phones purchased from Boost Mobile already come with SIM cards but for used or non-Boost phones you need to buy a SIM card.
- You can buy a Boost Mobile SIM card online through Boost Mobile’s chat function. This secure method is an easy and fast way of getting a SIM card.
- You can also get a SIM card through any available Boost store or kiosk.
- Another way of buying a SIM card is through the customer care service by dialing the Boost hotline or through the customer service chat feature on the website.
Steps to Activate Your Boost Mobile Phone
Register your device:
- Go to the Boost Mobile website and select “Activate/Reactivate.”
- Enter the serial number and model number of your device.
- Create an account with your information and a password.
Enter your account information:
- Log in to your account with your username and password.
- Enter your personal information, including your name, address, phone number, and email address.
Choose a plan:
- Select the plan that best meets your needs. Most plans include unlimited talk, text, and data, but you can also choose a plan that offers more or less of each.
- Enter your payment information if you are using a credit card or debit card to pay.
Activate the device:
- Log in to your Boost Mobile account and select “Activate/Reactivate.”
- Enter the serial number and model number of your device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the activation process.
- Once your device is activated, you can start using it
How to Activate a Boost Mobile Phone through the Online Platform
You can activate your Boost Mobile phone free of charge through the online activation platform that is available for both Boost Mobile-purchased phones or another unlocked device. This works for all devices (Android, iPhone and Windows) and it requires no activation charge.
1. To Activate your Boost Mobile-Purchased Phone
- Visit the Boost mobile activation portal (activate.boostmobile/primary/activations-home).
- Through the ‘Make a Selection option’, select ‘New Customer’, then click on ‘Activate New Device’.
- Choose whether you want a ‘New Number’ or if you are going to ‘Port an Existing Number’.
- Input your device information like the ESN (Erasmus Student Network) or the Serial Number of your phone.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to finish creating your account with Boost Mobile.
- You can now use a Boost Mobile SIM card on your phone.
2. To Activate an Old and Used Boost Phone
- Go to the Boost Mobile online activation webpage (activate.boostmobile/primary/activations-home).
- The first thing you need to do is check the phone’s service status by clicking on ‘Check Activation Status’.
- If there is no activation linked to the phone, select the ‘New Customer’ option. If you already have an account, go through your account and add a new number.
- New customers must create an account using the necessary information like name, address and payment information before activating the cellphone.
3. To Activate a Non-Boost Phone (BYOB)
- Visit the Boost Mobile online activation portal (activate.boostmobile/primary/activations-home).
- Select ‘New’ through the drop-down menu.
- Click on ‘Use My Own Device’.
- Select whether you want a ‘New Number’ or you would like to ‘Port An Existing Number’.
- Choose whether you would want to add additional lines on your account.
- Then, follow the instructions prompts on the screen to complete the activation process.
Through this online process described in detail above, you can successfully activate your Boost Mobile phone without having to spend your money. From then, you can go ahead and choose the plan that you think will work best for you.
How to Activate a Boost Mobile Phone through the Customer Service
You can activate your Boost Mobile Phone by contacting the customer service. This method also works for both new and used phone models of different operating systems (Android, iPhone and Windows).
You can do this through a series of steps described below:
- Call the Boost Mobile Activation line through 888-BOOST-4U (1-888-266-7848) using ankfber phone.
- Keep your IMEI number or your SIM ID number in hand.
- You will get a voice prompt instructing you to provide Boost Mobile phone number.
- If you have an existing account, then you can input the phone number. If not, hold on and wait for the prompt that will ask you to either select a new number of port your existing phone number.
- Continue following the voice prompts and input the IMEI or SIM ID number on the keypad when asked.
- Input your name, address and other necessary information when asked.
- Next, you will be asked to input your payment information and select a desired Boost Mobile plan.
- Your phone will be pending activation by the time the call ends.
- To know whether your phone has been activated or not, try making a call a few minutes after the activation process.
How to Activate your Phone Using a Boost Mobile SIM Kit
This method is suitable for individuals using the bring-your-own-phone (BYOP) option.
- Buy a Boost Mobile SIM kit from a Boost store/kiosk available in certain stores.
- The Boost SIM kit comes along with 3 different SIM cards.
- Each SIM card is suitable for a specific type of phone.
- To know which SIM to use, you can provide us with your device ID.
- Input the SIM and activate.
After you’ve gone through the whole activation process, the final step in the process is deciding on the Boost Mobile phone plan that will work best for you. Boost Mobile offers a wide selection of monthly plans for both individuals and families with varying prices and packages according to the amount of data used. The cell phone plans offer voice, text and data plans that also come along with hotspot eligibility which has its limit based on the data plan you chose.
Benefits of Activation Boost Mobile Phone
- Access to Services: Activating your Boost Mobile phone will allow you to access a range of services that can help you stay connected. You’ll be able to make and receive calls, send and receive text messages, access the internet, and use other features.
- Network Coverage: With a Boost Mobile phone, you’ll be able to use the nationwide network coverage. This means you can stay connected in more places, and you won’t need to worry about being cut off or having your service interrupted.
- Receive Discounts: By activating your Boost Mobile phone, you may be eligible to receive discounts on service plans and other products. You may also be able to take advantage of special offers, such as discounts on accessories, additional data, and more.
Activating your Boost Mobile phone is very important because you would not be able to use the Boost services otherwise. Boost offers you the chance to use their services on either new/used Boost mobile phones, or non-Boost unlocked mobile phones as well. The BYOP inclusion has opened the Boost market to individuals that are eager to utilize Boost Mobile services on their personal devices.
It is very easy and fast to activate your Boost Mobile phone free of charge using the different methods that were explained in detail in this article. All you need to do is select the method that you think is easiest for you and in case that doesn’t work out, you can try another one. And hopefully, you are able to successfully activate your phone on the Boost Mobile services.
Don’t Miss It:
- How To Activate New iPhone Sprint
- How To Activate Verizon Prepaid Phone
- How To Activate New iPhone AT&T
- How to Get Free Cell Phone Service without Paying
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
If you are activating a newly purchased Boost Mobile phone using the activation PIN number that comes inside the box, then there is no activation fee. However, if you are activating without an activation PIN number, a one-time $10 reactivation fee will be requested.
You are required to obtain a SIM card in order to initiate the activation process for both new, used and non-Boost phones. Newly purchased Boost cell phones come with SIM cards already in the box, but for used or non-Boost phones, you can buy Boost Mobile SIM card online, at Boost stores/kiosks or through the Boost customer care.
Some phones are not compatible due to the fact that the phone might be locked onto another carrier, or if some components are preventing it from being unlocked (such as if a phone has been reported missing or stolen)
You need to unlock your phone through one of the legit unlocking methods approved by your carrier before trying to activate a Boost Mobile SIM card on the phone.